Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2007, 09:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default its

got a lot better effects than one of my old favorite racing games! The mighty chequered flag.
Attached Images

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old November 3, 2007, 10:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Does it have native widescreen support? I hope it's not as bad as the "carbon" demo. NFS has really been sub par for a long time..........
Old November 3, 2007, 12:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theblackmages View Post
Yeah doesnt me you have a 8800GT and play crysis that you need to say the GFX are shit... they are fine. the demo isn't lame, it's just really short, remember it's a demo.
By no means am I calling anything crap so relax. I just notice that the graphics aren't fluent and jerky.
Old November 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You're not setting up something right because I can run everything on MAX and it is fuild as fluid can be. AND IT HAS NATIVE WIDESCREEN SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!! It looks beautiful @ 1920X1200 and the graphics are excellent! THey have finally redeemed the NFS series I think. This game is on my must have list now!!!!
Old November 3, 2007, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Acutally, I have to take it back just a touch. I do get an occasional hiccup, but nothing bad. If the real game is this good, I still will definitely be buying it.
Old November 3, 2007, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
You're not setting up something right because I can run everything on MAX and it is fuild as fluid can be. AND IT HAS NATIVE WIDESCREEN SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!! It looks beautiful @ 1920X1200 and the graphics are excellent! THey have finally redeemed the NFS series I think. This game is on my must have list now!!!!
It might be that I have vsycn on and its holding back the frames and thats what is making it appear jerky but at 75fps it shouldn't be.
Old November 3, 2007, 01:05 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah the demo is a little bit on the short and ugly side...but IF supports native WS gaming and IF they improve the graphics in the final full version I probably will buy it as well. I'm not holding out to much hope...after all it is EA we are talking about

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Yeah the demo is a little bit on the short and ugly side...but IF supports native WS gaming and IF they improve the graphics in the final full version I probably will buy it as well. I'm not holding out to much hope...after all it is EA we are talking about
If you think the game is ugly then you must not be maxing out the detail levels. I'd have to say this is the best looking NFS game since Most Wanted 2. All the Underground, most wanted and Carbon were the worst looking/running games ever. This game truly will redefine the NFS series and they will win back driving game fans like me that are sick of the stupid fart canned garbage that was out the last 4 games.
Old November 3, 2007, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

16 November FULL VERSION..god dammit..it must've been released on October
Old November 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

B1|K1 calm down. It almost sounds like your schilling for EA (for a real example of schilling see PA's comic Penny Arcade! - On Botany)

It is nicer than its predecessors but it just seemed a little kludgey in comparison to newer games I've played recently.
Not quite "last gen" but not in the same league as other games that came out this year. Maybe "ugly" is too harsh a judgement...or maybe my standards have been raised but it didn't take my breath away like some of it early predecessors did. It was OK but nothing special.

Thats just my opnion, your entiled to yours so just relax.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; November 3, 2007 at 01:40 PM.