Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2010, 03:06 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Mount & Blade Warband

So, has anyone tried M&B Warband yet? It's supposed to be an expansion pack to the original game, but a $30 expansion to a $9 seems a little...steep. I enjoyed the original, but it was awfully repetitive. I suppose the MP facet of the expansion is an attempt to fix that repetitiveness to some degree, but I'm not a huge MP fan.

Any thoughts?
Old April 1, 2010, 05:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm gonna wait for it to go back down or on sale for $10.00 haha
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 1, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I really like this game. The multi is a lot of fun and the single player has a lot of improvements. But there are so many other games to play right now wait for this to go on sale for 1/2 off.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 1, 2010, 08:41 PM
Allstar

I was in the early beta and the 32v32 battles were incredibly fun. However, I stopped testing due to lack of time and they tinkered with a lot of mechanics after I left so I can't comment on the current version of the gameplay. I'd still encourage everyone to try it because the gameplay is unique. There really is not anything else out there like it at all in terms of combat. I'd also encourage people to purchase it to support the indie developer. The game has been around in paid beta for about 6 years and there is a large following and mod community. If you do decide to buy it then get it from the developer website www.taleworlds.com to cut out the middlemen.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old April 1, 2010, 09:12 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Has the institution of MP impacted the modding at all?

I know the feeling about there already being too many games to play; I just picked up Empire: TW during the D2D sale, and I haven't even finished GOW III yet....too many games, too little time.

Based on the feedback, I guess I better pick up Warband when it goes on sale as well...<laugh> Another one on the shelf...
Old April 2, 2010, 03:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i have it but havn't reallly played it much yet just basically made my guy and went to my first location and got a mission and thats far as i made it.....sooooooooooooo much reading lol it bored me to much...really think there should have been some voice over cause if i wanted to read so much i would of bought a book instead. but the gameplay seems alright if i can stay awake long enough to play it lol
Old April 2, 2010, 02:29 PM
Allstar

I think the whole point of warband is the multiplayer. Just jump right in. You'll hone your combat skills way better against human players than against AI anyways.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old April 2, 2010, 06:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The multiplayer is a lot of fun. You can have 32 vs 32 which is so much fun. Then if the admin wanted to you could have 100 bots + 32 players on each side for a total of 264 players battling out. Altough no one really plays with bots.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."