Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2007, 01:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default well

I wasnt talking about all maxed out (ultrahigh or even high) with any AA. Its always important to have lots of room to grow.

It is barely playable on high settings with no AA with a GTX or 2900XT for 20inch plus monitors and thats in XP!

Once you dip to combinations of medium+high settings its not that great..

I still think they have could made the game look and play great with current high end cards PLUS have the game look incredible with the future cards..

This is really a game for future cards, not whining, but im not going to buy it either.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old October 28, 2007, 01:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

Only thing i will tell you magictorch is wait for drivers and patch then i am sure you will be able to play all on High with a GTX and a 20" monitor (Without any AA).

Personally, i run all on high, 1680x1050, no AA and it runs OK.
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old October 28, 2007, 01:26 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriote View Post
LOL You guys need to stop whining all over the place. Releasing the game in another year just because current Gen cards can't play the game ALL MAXED out? Yeah, whatever man! Each and all games have a little something different. For some it'll be the new gameplay it offers. For others, it'll be the new Graphics it offers etc... If you think the game has nothing different than Far Cry or any other game you are comparing it to, then just don't freaking play it and leave the joy to someone who will enjoy it for Christ sakes!

Personally, you know what i think. The game looks amazing, all the little features such as the "Nano suit" makes the game a little bit more original than some other regular FPS. Just like Bioshock is. It's basically like any other "Horror FPS" but the fact that you can play with genetic, pirating etc... thats enough for me to think the game is different and has it's original ways.

Yes, it's a little deceiving when you know that even if you build the badest and latest rig, it won't even be able to play this game all maxed out with all eyes candy, a nice high res and enough AA... But think of this, when the new 45nm Quad core CPUs are released as well as the 9800GTX (Or AMD Equivalent) and when Drivers and patch comes out, not only will you guys be able to enjoy this game all maxed out but it'll look better than ever!. Guys, this game is the most anticipated PC FPS and it has been since what? a few years maybe? Don't expect to be able to play the game with a 7900GT or whatever... If you are able to, it'll be on pretty low res and graphics... Of course.

The same exact thing happened when they released Far Cry. Ppls couldn't play the game all maxed out. Until the 7 series i think. And even there, it wasn't that easy. But hey, have you ever played Far Cry? It's still one of the best game i have played in my life... Gameplay is awesome, story is excellent and graphics are still pretty good especially with HDR. Crysis is pretty much going to do the same. So stop the whining! :rtfm:

Just my 2 cent.

I second that Patriote If you are running direct x 10 first of all.... don't expect high fps. Just going by what I've read any games played in direct x10 are crippling to even the most recent hardware So if you were expecting your hardware to be better....well that's just dreamming lol. Even the gtx ultra gets beaten down by dx 10. I played it at medium settings and enjoyed the demo. Expecting to play this game maxed out with high fps with current hardware just means you haven't been paying attention to all the remarks on the web about this game....namely being able to bring any current machine to it's knees. (Rant finished) lol. If you liked Far Cry try the demo.....just turn down the settings
Silverstone Strider 1kw modular
4870x2
Ocz Vendetta 2
Top deck Tech Station
Samsung dvd
Old October 28, 2007, 01:50 PM
Banned

Also bare in mind that this is an EA title, and EA does put games that have a tendency to "bog" a system. I've played other DX10 titles like Lost Planet and they do not bring the GTX to it's knees.
Old October 28, 2007, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiViD View Post
Also bare in mind that this is an EA title, and EA does put games that have a tendency to "bog" a system. I've played other DX10 titles like Lost Planet and they do not bring the GTX to it's knees.
WHAT! Lost Planet played in DX10 does bring any hardware to it's knees... Or so.
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old October 28, 2007, 02:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

True Pat , but i suppose there is a tendancy for some developers to view new hardware more as an opportunity to be sloppier with their programming than to develop better games
Old October 28, 2007, 02:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think that the min payable only fps for any game would be 43 fps
Old October 28, 2007, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriote View Post
LOL You guys need to stop whining all over the place. Releasing the game in another year just because current Gen cards can't play the game ALL MAXED out? Yeah, whatever man! Each and all games have a little something different. For some it'll be the new gameplay it offers. For others, it'll be the new Graphics it offers etc... If you think the game has nothing different than Far Cry or any other game you are comparing it to, then just don't freaking play it and leave the joy to someone who will enjoy it for Christ sakes!

Personally, you know what i think. The game looks amazing, all the little features such as the "Nano suit" makes the game a little bit more original than some other regular FPS. Just like Bioshock is. It's basically like any other "Horror FPS" but the fact that you can play with genetic, pirating etc... thats enough for me to think the game is different and has it's original ways.

Yes, it's a little deceiving when you know that even if you build the badest and latest rig, it won't even be able to play this game all maxed out with all eyes candy, a nice high res and enough AA... But think of this, when the new 45nm Quad core CPUs are released as well as the 9800GTX (Or AMD Equivalent) and when Drivers and patch comes out, not only will you guys be able to enjoy this game all maxed out but it'll look better than ever!. Guys, this game is the most anticipated PC FPS and it has been since what? a few years maybe? Don't expect to be able to play the game with a 7900GT or whatever... If you are able to, it'll be on pretty low res and graphics... Of course.

The same exact thing happened when they released Far Cry. Ppls couldn't play the game all maxed out. Until the 7 series i think. And even there, it wasn't that easy. But hey, have you ever played Far Cry? It's still one of the best game i have played in my life... Gameplay is awesome, story is excellent and graphics are still pretty good especially with HDR. Crysis is pretty much going to do the same. So stop the whining! :rtfm:

Just my 2 cent.
Its not about the graphics for me! I could really careless, but seriously this game doesn't have anything different to offer aside from the suit which doesn't add alot!
Old October 28, 2007, 06:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

The games that really impressed me are: Bioshock, Fear and Stalker..forgot FarCry For example if a new game is launched it isn't necessary to be that good..I think that some "old" games are going to be better that this new crap that is coming out. I didn't really finished the demo but I can't say that it is really good. I mean Bioshock, as soon as I started playing, I didn't close the game for 5 hours...
Let's wait for the full version eh? then we'll complain some more..=))

Last edited by omgwtf; October 28, 2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old October 28, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
The games that really impressed me are: Bioshock, Fear and Stalker..forgot FarCry For example if a new game is launched it isn't necessary to be that good..I think that some "old" games are going to be better that this new crap that is coming out. I didn't really finished the demo but I can't say that it is really good. I mean Bioshock, as soon as I started playing, I didn't close the game for 5 hours...
Let's wait for the full version eh? then we'll complain some more..=))
Exactly!

To me I've heard there is a massive difference between med-high settings in Crysis but to me its more about the gameplay than the way things look and to me thats where Crysis fails.

The enemies are very very difficult to kill and while that will make you think about running head first into a situation and think about what you are doing, even if you sneak in and want to shoot a guy it can take over 6 bullets!