Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 31, 2010, 10:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Gaming upgrade questions

I am finally getting back into what i would consider more serious or actual pc gaming (aka shooters in multiplayer) and have come to the conclusion i should probably be using something better then my logitech mx-5000 set to game with. The mouse is probably not as sensitive or precise (also the fact its wireless), the keyboard has notorious issues to sometimes lose connection with my pc for 5-10 sec then i'm playing the recovery my guy from what he's done phase.

So my question is, what do you recommend for a gaming keyboard and mouse that isn't say top of the line but is still reasonably priced for its quality?
Old March 31, 2010, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Logitech G5 Laser Mouse - Price Comparison - Canada's Cheapest Prices

that's the mouse i use, love it.

probably some cheaper ones out there.
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old March 31, 2010, 11:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Mousewise, I'm using a G500 and loving it. My keyboard is a Merc Stealth, and while I love the FPS oriented game pad, I can't use the number pad at all because of it's unorthodox layout. I'm saving up for a G-19 myself, and may add a dedicated game pad at a later date.
Old March 31, 2010, 11:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Logitech fanboy here...

I use a Logitech G5, G13 and G15. I love the setup.
Old March 31, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I am finally getting back into what i would consider more serious or actual pc gaming (aka shooters in multiplayer) and have come to the conclusion i should probably be using something better then my logitech mx-5000 set to game with. The mouse is probably not as sensitive or precise (also the fact its wireless), the keyboard has notorious issues to sometimes lose connection with my pc for 5-10 sec then i'm playing the recovery my guy from what he's done phase.

So my question is, what do you recommend for a gaming keyboard and mouse that isn't say top of the line but is still reasonably priced for its quality?
I had that keyboard/mouse combo myself and had loads of problems with the keyboard losing bluetooth connection. I use a Razer deathadder and a 10$ logitech keyboard.
Old March 31, 2010, 12:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I got a G5 for a mouse and I love it. I just use a generic keyboard or a laptop keyboard, both are good enough for me. Never used a real gaming keyboard before though.
Old March 31, 2010, 01:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Gonna suggest the same I did on the other thread..

Mouse: The Razer Store Online Store - Razer DeathAdder? gaming mouse | 3500dpi 3.5G Infrared Sensor | Ergonomic Right-Handed Design | 1000Hz Ultrapolling? (can also look at the Imperator if u can throw more $$ in there)
Keyboard: NCIX.com - Buy Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard USB English Retail Box - JQD-00003 In Canada.

The keyboard supports up to 26 keys pressed at the same time, the anti-ghosting capabilities are built right in, seriously it's amazing. You can price match it and it'll go for around $50.
Old March 31, 2010, 02:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Cybersniper game pad..was like $30.00. Game Pad Gaming Equipment | Cyber Snipa

Razer exactmat mousepad The Razer Store Online Store - Razer eXactMat? Duo Precision Gaming Surface | Dual Mousing Surfaces | Ultra Large Surface |

Logitec MX 518 mouse. I know it's a little dated, but I've been using it for three years with no issues.

MX?518 Optical Gaming Mouse

Logitech g 15 keyboard. Cheap. LCD display good for Teamspeak 3 and BFBC2

G15 Gaming Keyboard

All in would probably cost you $200.00 taxes incl.
Old March 31, 2010, 04:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use Logitech G9 mouse, G19 keyboard, G13 FPS keyboard thingy....

But I'm biased; because Logitech is the only thing I use ever heh.

Mousepads I use the Func surface. You can pick up a HWC version in the store, or some on NCIX or on their website FUNC INDUSTRIES: CUSTOM GEAR UTILITY
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 31, 2010, 04:09 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'd recommend the G9 for the mouse. I've been using it for a few weeks now, and absolutely love it.