Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 31, 2010, 04:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Lefty Deathadder

There is new left handed DEATHADDER if you lefthanded. I am using an old Razer Dethadder 1800. If I were to upgrade I would go with th 3500 Deathadder right handed. The extra buttons on the side I find are more of falt than help. To newfanged fore me I gues.
Old March 31, 2010, 04:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Merc keyboard and an MX518. As previously stated, the 518 is a bit dated but works like a charm and can be had on the cheap.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old March 31, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

some cheapo Logitech optical mouse and a 10 dollar keyboard... :)

Cheap FTW!!!

**Forgot** A FUNC Industries mouse pad, got it at NCIX for $6. But it has AMD Athlon X2 on it

-Plato
Old March 31, 2010, 04:59 PM
Allstar

I've got the G11 and the Mx518. Quite happy with the mouse, i heard those with big hands enjoy that mice. They keyboard is nice, not all the fancy (but not that useful) features of the G15, but is illuminated and got quick keys, which is good for me.

Old March 31, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use my trusty dirty G15 first gen keyboard. I was hovering over the buy button for the G19 but can't justify the price.

I love my G9 mouse and I own 2. I used to own 2 G5 mice.

Mouse pad I use the HWC one with the beaver on it. https://store.hardwarecanucks.com/pr...Mouse-Pad.html
I used to have some expensive mouse pads before but I found this to be the best for me.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 31, 2010, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Despite all my searching, I'm still using a $20 MS Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard. Just can't seem to find anything else that feels as comfortable, even in the $100+ sector. It's got a light touch, minimal key movement required, and even some basic audio controls. For mice, I'm a fan of the G9 myself, still going strong after a couple years. Not sure if you use you use your fingers or your hand for moving around, but it's very nicely tuned for finger-control. The G5 is nice too, but it doesn't feel as effortless. Regardless, definitely consider laser over optical, if the question arises.

For both, you should go to a computer store (or even a Futureshop or Bestbuy) and try a few models to see how they feel. Absolutely no substitute for hands-on when it comes to keyboards and mice.
Old March 31, 2010, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I also think the G9 is one of the more ergonomic mice out there as it is just large enough and not to small like 90% of the mice I have tried. Plus you get to customize it with a lot of different features. No better mouse out there that I have tried.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 1, 2010, 09:16 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I use the Logitech G15 for my keyboard, which I highly recommend.

For my mouse I use the Logitech MX400, which although it is fast I don't recommend because the middle mouse button has issues.
Old April 1, 2010, 11:52 AM
Top Prospect

I'm gonna agree with ZZLEE and MrDiaz... I have a DeathAdder and I love it. Even though I somehow ended up with the Mac version (white lighting instead of blue) it still works great with Windows. Only complaint is that there aren't enough buttons (just the regular ones+scroll+2 thumb buttons).
I even prefer it over the Razer Lachesis which is more expensive but isn't as curved; doesn't fit in your palm as well.
Best thing you can do is go to a store and try holding the mouse (some packaging allows for that).
As for mousepad I have a SteelSeries Qck... happy with that too, and it's cheap to buy.
Old April 4, 2010, 07:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Lots of great advice. I may have to get a feel for some of the keyboards/mice that are sold at futureshop to get a feel of them to see which one i like. Then i'll just have to find somewhere online that has a good deal or sale on it and bam, gaming keyboard/mouse set up in the mail!