Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Empire Total war D2D 10.50! (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/30461-empire-total-war-d2d-10-50-a.html)

Pelt March 30, 2010 01:22 PM

Empire Total war D2D 10.50!
 
If you've ever wanted to buy Empire Total War but sat on the fence because of the cost well Direct to Drive has it on sale for 10.50.

And for all you Steam lovers, myself included you can activate the D2D code on Steam and have the game downloaded with Steam instead of D2D download manager.

CMetaphor March 30, 2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelt (Post 356453)
If you've ever wanted to buy Empire Total War but sat on the fence because of the cost well Direct to Drive has it on sale for 10.50.

And for all you Steam lovers, myself included you can activate the D2D code on Steam and have the game downloaded with Steam instead of D2D download manager.

Link! Unobtrusive attempt to get more than 5chars!

Pelt March 30, 2010 02:47 PM

My apologies a link is always a good idea.

Empire: Total War Download | Buy Empire: Total War from D2D

Thund3rball March 30, 2010 02:51 PM

Great price for a huge and decent game! Also Cryostasis is $7.50 on D2D too. Can you do the Steam thing with that too?

SugarJ March 30, 2010 03:48 PM

Purchased, thank you.

E:TW uses Steam for DRM, so you should be able to register the game and d/l through Steam. Not sure if Cryostasis will do the same.

Thund3rball March 30, 2010 03:59 PM

Ah I get it now. There's no DRM at all on Cryostasis to my understanding, unless D2D puts their own on it.

mike.mgs4 March 31, 2010 03:45 PM

Hmm, too bad they don't have the special forces editions on sale, too. Steam has the game for $30 and the downloadable content package (which includes the special forces units) for $18. Still, pretty good deal if you just want the game by itself.

Pelt March 31, 2010 05:26 PM

You can buy the special forces units in a DLC pack for 2.99 on Steam.

mike.mgs4 March 31, 2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelt (Post 357200)
You can buy the special forces units in a DLC pack for 2.99 on Steam.

But can I buy E:Total War on D2D for $10 and then buy the DLC pack (I thought it was $18 for the whole package) from Steam? i.e. can games from D2D and Steam work together? Sorry if this is a dumb question...haven't used Steam a lot, and never used D2D at all.

Zero82z March 31, 2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike.mgs4 (Post 357245)
But can I buy E:Total War on D2D for $10 and then buy the DLC pack (I thought it was $18 for the whole package) from Steam? i.e. can games from D2D and Steam work together? Sorry if this is a dumb question...haven't used Steam a lot, and never used D2D at all.

E:TW is a Steamworks game, so you will have to activate it with your Steam account and it will be added just as if you purchased it from Steam in the first place. Once you've done that, you can purchase any DLC from Steam and it will work.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM.