Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2010, 09:53 PM
Top Prospect

Exclamation Anyone know the any other tweakable cfg files besides FOV?

I am looking for a explanation as to what all the cfg files do under your metro 2033 appdata file?
I did change my FOV from 45 to 60, And it made a very nice diff!!
Now I can at least see my gun a little better. But now I would like to try and find a way to turn down or off a few other very demanding graphic files. And I really don't have a clue as to what the shortcut name stands for. So has anybody started to make a list of what each cfg file does, Like in Crysis or stalker? I really would like to turn down the shadows a bit to gain a few FPS if possible. And there are a few others that could be turned down a bit.
But the jump from V.High to High is too much. going from V.High to high turns down/off too many things
Has anyone had any success tweaking any other cfg files other than the FOV one? Someone was saying that if you try and go above 60 on FOV it will start to mess with other setting somehow. So I know I need to be careful, But I would like a list of what each cfg file is for.
Cheers
System spec: Intel i7 2600k, Gigabyte GTX 570 Super Overclock, Kingston DDR3 2X4 GB sticks, ASUS P8P67 PRO, Cooler Master 700 watt PSU, 750GB*2 Sata,SATA III 1TB HDD Acer 24 Widescreen, Antec 300, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit