Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2010, 07:44 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default God of War III

So it's released today. I'm on my third run so far (I must have played the second one 25 times). I have a regular edition but I also have the limited one with the box pre-ordered, but I heard the box is cheap and the extras arn't the best so I'll probably just cancel it.

Loved the game. The boss fights are awesome. There's one that I'll remember for years to come and I have a save file right before it so I can replay it whenever I want. Not sure what I think of the ending but it was what I expected anyway.
Old March 16, 2010, 07:53 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I played the demo and the one comment I amways have about God of War games is that they need to include an option to rotate the view to better suit the player. The Uncharted games did this so I don't understand why GoW can't.
Old March 16, 2010, 08:00 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

If only on PC... if only
Old March 16, 2010, 08:01 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah the camera is a bit dated these days. For a fixed camera I thought they did a very good job letting you see all the action that's going on. It sucks for any kind of exploring though.

And about the demo. When I played the demo I didn't enjoy it too much and was a bit worried about the game, but the demo is not a good representation of the finished product. It's like they took that secton of the game and removed all the epic parts. The graphics and frame rate a much better now, and the gameplay also feels significantly improved to me. I guess it could be because the demo was put together over a year ago.
Old March 16, 2010, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I played the demo and the one comment I amways have about God of War games is that they need to include an option to rotate the view to better suit the player. The Uncharted games did this so I don't understand why GoW can't.
This is usually the one complaint you here about GoW games. Sometimes it can be a bit frustrating but for the most part I can't say I mind. Once I get all wrapped up into the action (which takes about 2 seconds) I am in brutal vengeance heaven dispatching mythical enemies and storming my way to leaving a trail of blood - muah ha ha ha ha! Long live Kratos!... (or not,I haven't played 3 yet so I don't know how it ends lol).

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 16, 2010, 08:21 AM

I just finished Uncharted 2 (next to zero replay value there) so I might wait a while before buying GoW III. I just can't justify paying ~$60 for a video game.
Old March 16, 2010, 08:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I just finished Uncharted 2 (next to zero replay value there) so I might wait a while before buying GoW III. I just can't justify paying ~$60 for a video game.
Really, no replay at all in Uncharted 2? I can't really comment as I haven't played it yet (it's sitting on my shelf waiting). But I read it has MP and co-op specific missions. And it just got some big update for MP too IIRC.

Otherwise yes I totally agree, $60 for a SP game is pretty darn steep and it is maybe 2x a year I might pay that out. I went on a PS3 buying spree at xmas when BB and FS had the 3 for 2 deal.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 16, 2010, 08:40 AM

Multiplayer add zero replay value for me when it comes to consoles. If I was to play a shooter online, it will be on the PC where I'm not fighting with a twitchy analog stick for aiming. ;)
Old March 16, 2010, 08:44 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Multiplayer add zero replay value for me when it comes to consoles. If I was to play a shooter online, it will be on the PC where I'm not fighting with a twitchy analog stick for aiming. ;)

This is why I don't own a console I guess, I bought a PS3 like a year ago but I just couldn't bare it. So much different from my lovely mouse... Games look so damn good on consoles though, is not even funny!

If only we can get the quality of gameplay we get on consoles these days it would be a lot more enjoyable experience.
Old March 16, 2010, 08:47 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah I just shot through Uncharted 2 once and I was done. Glad I only got a lend of it off a friend.

GoW games are worth the $60 to me because I replay them so much. Most people I know are done with GoW games after the first playthrough so it's not really worth the $60 for ~10 hour game (took me about 10 hours first time on normal).

I'm working on very hard mode now though, and it's definitely going to take longer then 10 hours.