Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2010, 10:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Multiplayer add zero replay value for me when it comes to consoles. If I was to play a shooter online, it will be on the PC where I'm not fighting with a twitchy analog stick for aiming. ;)
True enough. I am playing Borderlands on PC and PS3 and I find myself getting cornered a lot on PS3. Something about the controls and FOV just don't lend themselves to really mastering your environment... at least for me. But overall the feel of movement & aiming is pretty good for a console. As opposed to something like Orange Box which feels like absolute crap on PS3 imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Speed View Post
Yeah I just shot through Uncharted 2 once and I was done. Glad I only got a lend of it off a friend.

GoW games are worth the $60 to me because I replay them so much. Most people I know are done with GoW games after the first playthrough so it's not really worth the $60 for ~10 hour game (took me about 10 hours first time on normal).

I'm working on very hard mode now though, and it's definitely going to take longer then 10 hours.
I did playthrough GoW 1 twice. GoW 2 I started like 5 times and got to various points before I dropped it for some reason. Finally getting around to finishing it this time lol. So I guess I got plenty of hours out of my GoW games. And if I think about it... I bought GoW 1 & 2 twice so in a way I payed close to $60 for them. But they are fantastic games. Titles that ooze quality and that I really enjoy, the price doesn't hurt as much I guess.

I doubt I'll get GoW 3 right away as I have a good backlog still and seem to get hooked on playing some games over and over. But if I see it on good sale soon I'll pick it up then for sure.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE