Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2011, 11:30 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

My Co-Workers bugged me to pick this up and really hyped the game up because I am a huge Team Fortress 2 guy.

I watched the trailers and game play footage and it looked like it could be a decent game but I think it was already mentioned above that the game lacks content.

I am not really sure how to explain my thoughts on Brink, it feels like a bunch of different games mashed into one giant ball.

I don't wanna call it a bad game, but I wont call it a good game either. So far from what I have played its just kind of "Meh"

I've been sticking to Team Fortress 2.
Old May 14, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

is it just me or do the characters really look like the puppets from the land of confusion video lol
Old May 15, 2011, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

The FOV issue appears fixed now, though you need to enter this into the console "ui_fov 90", 90 is my preferred size. Console is activated by "CTRL + ALT+ ~".
I have to agree with evilyeti, but I still believe that if they can address all the MP bugs and fix the lag, it will be slot of fun. That's a big IF however. Each time I play online I see new bugs, from garbled player-name text to my sound dissapearing altogether. It sure is sad when a game in development so long after it's announced still has so many bugs, but I'm not a dev so maybe that's harsh.
Wait for a sale or use one of those d2d coupons floating around.
Old May 15, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

I don't know why they changed it from g_fov to ui_fov but it's nice to see it works in MP now. I have not played online much as I am still trying to learn these maps, but the only bug I have noticed is the messed up characters in some of the text you see. At least the firefights are more along the lines of ETQW, I don't like the health regen and the way the medic works as a result, disappointed in how weak grenades are and how slow the movement is. Some of that is obviously due to it being made for consoles, but hopefully some of it can be fixed with patches or community mods.

To me it is becoming more and more obvious that PC FPS's and console FPS's are just too different in order to make a game that works well on both.
Old August 4, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Free weekend on steam? I read a rss blip about it. Get your game on this weekend, I think it's on sale too, with free DLC.
News - QUAKECON 2011 Steam Sale -- Four Days of Special Deals
Well, I tried the DLC, maps look nice at least, haven't played em enough to say good or bad. I really want to like this game, really I do, why is it so hard to?

Last edited by On2wheels; August 9, 2011 at 07:19 AM.