Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10, 2011, 09:41 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Sadly, this game is really lacking content. I haven't encountered many bugs yet, other than not being able to alt-tab.

After 8 hours of leveling or so, things start to get tedious considering there is only a small handful of maps. Certainly not worth the money they are asking. The mechanics are fun, but it does just feel like a port over too much.

The short storyline, lack of content, and too-easy weapon upgrades make this game a bit of a dud for me.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Looks like this game has landed flat on its face. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

From what it sounds this game will go through a few changes and will have some growing pains. The game concept is a new one and I think with time it will prove worthwhile.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:29 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
From what it sounds this game will go through a few changes and will have some growing pains. The game concept is a new one and I think with time it will prove worthwhile.
Yeah, they say they want to support it as best they can, so here's hoping there's many updates to come. I still really like the idea of it, just needs some fine tuning. It's kind of depressing me cause I want to go home and play but I know the issues it has! I'm still more interested in it than Crysis 2 multiplayer, even aside from the cheating issues in crysis.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
Yeah, they say they want to support it as best they can, so here's hoping there's many updates to come. I still really like the idea of it, just needs some fine tuning. It's kind of depressing me cause I want to go home and play but I know the issues it has! I'm still more interested in it than Crysis 2 multiplayer, even aside from the cheating issues in crysis.
Yup. I mean look at Borderlands it went through a few bumps and bruises but its a great game now.
Old May 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

I shall reserve my judgement until I play MP, so far the only problem I have is the FOV. It was the same in quake wars but you could edit it in the cfg files, however it appears that feature did not carry over.

Edit: It seems it is there, just not where one would assume it to be.

Last edited by thorn; May 10, 2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old May 10, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

if you have the console enabled, open it up and use g_fov x, where x is any value between 70 and 110 (I am assuming the max fov is the same as ETQW, but you can play around with the number and see if it makes a difference).

To enable the console either add +com_allowconsole 1 to the launch parameters in steam or go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\"bunch of numbers"\22350\local\base and create a file called autoexec.cfg. Open it up and add seta com_allowconsole "1" . You can also add seta g_fov 110 (or whatever value you want). The is a bunch of other stuff though I don't know how much of it works in Brink.
Old May 11, 2011, 07:27 AM
Allstar

I heard the FOV resets when you run if you use the console command. Haven't tried it yet, but I'd much rather prefer they fix it in a patch. Jeese, how hard it is to build this functionality into a game before it's released. I really can't understand how developers assume the FOV for a 4:3 tv screen or console is acceptable on a widescreen PC nowadays.
Old May 11, 2011, 01:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So you all paid $40 to beta test a game for a developer? Glad I didnt preorder it. Hell, I almost never preorder anything any more for exactly this reason. I'm so sick of companies releasing poor quality products and then telling everyone to 'wait patiently' for them to fix the games.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 11, 2011, 01:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

it doesn't reset if you are playing SP, but it does when you play MP. And the functionality is built into the game, it just seems that something server side must not be allowing you to properly change FOV. But I admit with most people having widescreen monitors/TVs these days it doesn't really make sense to default it so low.