Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2010, 09:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Thoughts on "noob tubes" in BFBC2

Hi guys,

After playing BC2 multiplayer for a few straight days, I've noticed a slight increase in the number of players employing the so-called noob tubes (e.g. 40mm grenade launchers). I have to admit, however, that my thoughts on these tactics are mixed.

On one hand, it's not like these people are cheating. They're simply using an in-game weapon to achieve kills. Just like how I use the sniper rifle or mortar to kill the enemy team, they're using grenades to kill me.

Alternatively, I do find them a bit annoying, especially when you run face-to-face into one and expect to have a shootout with them, only to have them kill you with a single grenade that doesn't event hit you directly.

So what are your thoughts on this matter? Should people who rely heavily on noob tubes be kicked, if possible? Or should they be treated just like any player using any type of in-game weapon?

Old March 12, 2010, 09:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I think noob tubes should be removed from every single shooter.
Old March 12, 2010, 09:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, they aren't nearly as bad as in MW2 and COD4...
Old March 12, 2010, 10:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I don't really find them that annoying. I usually only pull mine out and try to pick off snipers who are far away.
Old March 13, 2010, 12:31 AM

not as bad as the guys in MW2 running around with swords (speed increase + melee distance increase) killing people all over the place.

I don't care HOW good you are, it's called "MODERN Warfare", not "Ninja Warfare"...

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old March 13, 2010, 01:02 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

They're just symptoms of the real problem: gamers who care more about "cred" and kills than actually enjoying the game or, God forbid, learning to outsmart each other. They've always been around (anybody remember playing against Wolverine in a MvC arcade?) but they seem to be increasing in numbers. I am sad to say my little cousin is one of them. You could take out weapons like those bt they'll always find something to exploit.
Old March 13, 2010, 01:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovine.baron View Post
They're just symptoms of the real problem: gamers who care more about "cred" and kills than actually enjoying the game.
Bingo.

I play to have fun, everyone should. My K/D is under 1 simply because I kill myself all the time cause I find it hilarious to blow up helicopters
Old March 13, 2010, 01:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
not as bad as the guys in MW2 running around with swords (speed increase + melee distance increase) killing people all over the place.

I don't care HOW good you are, it's called "MODERN Warfare", not "Ninja Warfare"...
Modern Ninjas > Old ninjas.

It's an element and style of play in MW2 to knife. It's Modern WARFARE, not Modern Spray/Pray. If you are getting killed like mad by them, pay more attention to the surroundings.

Re: 40mm grenade. It's annoying when you get killed by them, since they don't take much skill. However understand that it's a part of the game. I only have issues when people put on Explosive+ for perks and sit around to tube, which clearly shows they're taking advantage of the ability. Same with paddles with Medic, and mortar for Recon. If the other team all use it, it becomes very annoying.

My best counter for the noobtubers. Run up close to them, since the grenade won't explode, or it'll do a lot less damage.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old March 13, 2010, 02:15 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I don't mind them, maybe try playing in a more mature server where they aren't spammed.
Old March 13, 2010, 05:20 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I consider myself an experienced Gamer with above (slightly) average Skills (i.e. unless I'm having an off night I can usually stay in the top 10 in a game). I like to play Assault Class and I do use these Grenade launchers, I don't consider myself a Spammer but I do see the value of the Weapon. It's my opinion that there's nothing wrong with using this.

Another Guy From Canada