Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 01:27 PM
BrianHanna's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,049
Default

not to nit pick, but another gun that really pisses me off is the m60, since i play as an assault alot, it is really annoying to get destroyed by a medic so easily.

I remember killing a medic from behind and stealing his m60, it was the easiest 8 kill streak i have ever gotten, and i didn't need to reload once.

with medics rolling around with the m60 it pretty much makes assault useless sans the ammo box, since that is a disgustingly overpowered gun.
__________________
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 01:40 PM
odis172's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 682

My System Specs

Default

I agree, m60 with the optical scope, firing single shot I frequently take out snipers. Very powerfull weapon, and with the ability to patch yourself up, it takes the cake.

odis172 hit me up for some action, clan plays every night
__________________
Laptop: Lenovo T420 - Core i5 2520 - 8GB DDR3
Server: 2 xeon E5530 - Asus Z8N-D6 - 12GB DDR3 - 8x 500GB raid 50 - Perc 6/i - Compucase RA448A00
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 01:45 PM
m1dget's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Terrebonne, Qc
Posts: 707

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
M2CG has high rocket travel speed (hence less drop) and large splash dmg. However it's largely ineffective against armor compared to the RPG7 and AT4. Hence people tend to use it for clearing rooms/campers, or shoot helis.

It's fairly balanced and cannot be spammed without the help of assault classes. You can equally say the RPG7 and AT4 are overpowered as well..since they can one shot kill just as well, and AT4 is user-guided
I disagree with the "cannot be spammed". You have an unlock as engineer that you can have like 8 of those on you at one time :P
__________________
"NIX is a classic example of security through obscurity because there is no real monetary reward for crackers and hackers to break Linix" -AkG
Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 01:56 PM
headsh0t's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,565

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Noob tube is even worse than that. Up close it doesn't even damage the shooter, so some bastards just shoot you point-blank with it.
It does in fact damage you, IF it explodes. It doesnt damage you if you hit them dead on, because it doesn't explode you're just firing a huge 40mm round into them.
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 02:30 PM
Digikid's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,731
Default

Only MORONS call them noob tubes. If you cannot counter them then that is your fault and none of theirs. There is ALWAYS a way to counter that sort of thing no matter what game it is.
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 02:45 PM
rapmaster's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brossard, QC
Posts: 1,016

My System Specs

Default

Medic and their m60 piss me off much more than the 40mm. It's just too accurate and there isn't a need to reload. I got kill much more by the m60 than 40mm.
__________________
Quando omni flunkus moritati
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 03:04 PM
m1dget's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Terrebonne, Qc
Posts: 707

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapmaster View Post
Medic and their m60 piss me off much more than the 40mm. It's just too accurate and there isn't a need to reload. I got kill much more by the m60 than 40mm.
That is true also... I picked up a M60 on the ground that had a scope on it and it was hilarious. You can decimate a whole squad in a few clicks without that much skills.
I hope they balance that, because it's really annoying.
__________________
"NIX is a classic example of security through obscurity because there is no real monetary reward for crackers and hackers to break Linix" -AkG
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 03:28 PM
cmac79's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 1,051

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
Only MORONS call them noob tubes. If you cannot counter them then that is your fault and none of theirs. There is ALWAYS a way to counter that sort of thing no matter what game it is.
100% agree
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 03:44 PM
Cptn Vortex's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,726
Default

Just find a good server with people that play respectfully. I have been playing on LLC's server for the last 3-4 years, starting with CS Source, then COD4, and now BC2, and the players there have always been great. Fun, smart players, who dont whine and complain all the time.
__________________
The Vortex H20

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old March 15, 2010, 04:31 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Vancouver
Posts: 957

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
LOL !!!!

We might have run into each other ...

I use Commando Pro + Lightweight Pro + Marathon Pro

(and my title is Backstabber...)
lol,

IMO TF2 has the most overpowered weapon. That demo sword is simply OP... stopped playing just because the updates were ruining the game more and more. Maybe I'll play it when it gets more balanced.

But back on topic,
I think the 40mm should take as long to reload as a RPG.
__________________
'Do not wish for easier lives, wish to be stronger men'
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any thoughts? "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" bedouin Troubleshooting 4 January 19, 2010 09:52 PM
the whole "NOOB" thing cmac79 Off Topic 24 March 20, 2009 03:08 PM
2.5" eSata Enclosure - Any thoughts? jgerber Storage 2 February 26, 2009 06:46 PM
"Girly" 2.5" IDE Enclosures encorp Storage 13 July 14, 2008 09:19 AM