Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2010, 11:04 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
You wish. You ing noob tuber. That all you did for the whole game. Just keep trying to defend yourself and we'll see who believes who more. Scum. You take the enjoyment out of entertainment.
Wow, you see, I thought you were just joking around with the rude comments, you really are a nut bar, chill out. I merely commented because I thought we could share a laugh about it. My stats speak for themselves- I have a lot more kills with the knife and plain old bullets then with the tube...

BTW who the hell are you to dictate what serves as game "enjoyment" for everyone? Tubes are part of the game and do serve a utility, yes spamming sucks. I always find it funny when people go nuts and fly off the handle (over a game no less). I play by the rules just like everyone else, those rules change I'll change too.

Just repeat "Goosfraba" in your head over and over, you'll be fine

I've said my peace and leave it at that.[/end pissing match]
Old March 15, 2010, 11:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Wow Metaphor you sure are passionate about your gaming !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old March 15, 2010, 11:12 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I'd like to see how much you enjoy the game and "laugh" about it if you got spammed by an immature little bastard spamming an overpowered and frankly broken aspect of the game. Yes, I am passionate about it. Why? I try to relax and enjoy myself. And to be honest, like Jimmbo there ruin it for everyone. This whole thread is discussing just how overpowered and stupid it is, and here you come rushing in to defense yourself be pretending to be nonchalant about it? "Haha" my ass. I'm sure you're grinning ear to ear everytime you use your no-skill no-talent 40mm. Now piss off, don't "leave it at that", just leave.
Old March 15, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
I'd like to see how much you enjoy the game and "laugh" about it if you got spammed by an immature little bastard spamming an overpowered and frankly broken aspect of the game. Yes, I am passionate about it. Why? I try to relax and enjoy myself. And to be honest, like Jimmbo there ruin it for everyone. This whole thread is discussing just how overpowered and stupid it is, and here you come rushing in to defense yourself be pretending to be nonchalant about it? "Haha" my ass. I'm sure you're grinning ear to ear everytime you use your no-skill no-talent 40mm. Now piss off, don't "leave it at that", just leave.

Add me!

Brian.H
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old March 15, 2010, 11:25 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Dude... btw I wasn't "haha" at you per se, just trying to have a little fun, I'm not a vindictive person. You should also see it from my perspective. You going ballistic and typing taunts on a game server only makes me want to come after you more, I just don't see the point of freaking out about it. I'm not going to leave, its a forum... I also don't need to throw in a bunch of to get my point across.

More to the point of the original discussion, I agree that the tube can be spammed excessively, maybe a longer reloading time or not being allowed to replenish (already suggested?) would help fix this.
Old March 15, 2010, 11:30 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmbo View Post
More to the point of the original discussion, I agree that the tube can be spammed excessively, maybe a longer reloading time or not being allowed to replenish (already suggested?) would help fix this.
I won't even discuss your "arguments" any further.

40mm is broken = overpowered, too easy to use, endless in assault, kills instantly at any range (especially with the Explosive force increase perk) and doesn't damage the shooter so it can be used point blank.

I'll be moving to Chromey's server soon to avoid more spamming garbage.
Old March 15, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
I won't even discuss your "arguments" any further.

40mm is broken = overpowered, too easy to use, endless in assault, kills instantly at any range (especially with the Explosive force increase perk) and doesn't damage the shooter so it can be used point blank.

I'll be moving to Chromey's server soon to avoid more spamming garbage.

ill warn you though if you add me, i have 2 gold stars for the 40mm, that's around 100 kills, but only 100 kills out of 2220, so 5% of my kills are from the 40mm.
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old March 15, 2010, 12:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

What do you guys think of the Carl Gustav? That gun is way overpowered as well. I sometimes use it when defending on Rush because it definitely has some stopping power with it.

Last edited by icepizza; March 15, 2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old March 15, 2010, 01:12 PM
MVP

things such as this (way unbalanced guns/etc) are one of the main reasons I almost NEVER play games online (the other main reason is that im not a person who would normally sit around for a few hours to play a game...often I only play for 20-30 mins at a time)
Old March 15, 2010, 01:21 PM
Banned

If you want a game that focuses more on skill then I recommend games like ARMA 2 because games within both the Battlefield and Call of Duty Series are still quake-style shooters above all else.

Until you introduce far more complex game variables and mechanics such as environmental physics and ordnance physics, you're going to have quake-style gameplay with noob-tubing, silly melee tactics, overpowered weapons, and a myriad of other items that make you go WTF?