Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14, 2010, 01:19 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Played a scrim yesterday, nothing but noob tubes and medics reviving. I'll not compete or scrim ever again until server controls are added that ing BAN the use of that ing POS weapon!
Old March 14, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok now THAT is overuse, when you use nothing but 40mm grenade launcher. That's just not even fun to play like that though.
Old March 14, 2010, 01:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I must be playing this game all wrong. My K/D ratio is 0.9. I use 40mm grenades situationally... Smoke grenades for some objectives.
Old March 14, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wish there were more sever controls and certain caps on classes. I also wished there was a better auto even teams as I hate it when I join a server and there are 2 times as many players on the other team. 8 vs 16 is stupid.

I wish the 40mm would take a LONG time to replenish with ammo. I wish the medic shock paddles would take longer to reuse them. I wish there was a vote kick system or something like that. This game needs a patch desperately.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 14, 2010, 04:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I wish there were more sever controls and certain caps on classes. I also wished there was a better auto even teams as I hate it when I join a server and there are 2 times as many players on the other team. 8 vs 16 is stupid.

I wish the 40mm would take a LONG time to replenish with ammo. I wish the medic shock paddles would take longer to reuse them. I wish there was a vote kick system or something like that. This game needs a patch desperately.

Sounds like you are describing a game I still play once in a while and that I still enjoy ALOT...

ET Quake Wars.
Old March 14, 2010, 04:49 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post

Signed. The lack of auto team balance is the worst. And i dont get how one can still screw up a server browser that much. Can't they all just steal is from TF2?
Old March 14, 2010, 10:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Ok now THAT is overuse, when you use nothing but 40mm grenade launcher. That's just not even fun to play like that though.
I think comments like this nails it on the spot. The players who rely exclusively on grenade launchers and spamming the field with them are the most annoying, especially considering that it takes next to no skill. I'm fine with those who use them situationally, however.

Old March 14, 2010, 11:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I think the point system is a little unfair. For planting explosives or disarming on a rush map, or taking a point in conquest I think you should be awarded more points. A lot of people seem to not care about the actual objective and focus much more on kills.
Old March 15, 2010, 12:48 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
I think the point system is a little unfair. For planting explosives or disarming on a rush map, or taking a point in conquest I think you should be awarded more points. A lot of people seem to not care about the actual objective and focus much more on kills.
A thing they should punish more is the damn -10 points for suicide. So much people nading the floor when they are near you because they know that +50 -10 is worth it
Old March 15, 2010, 05:54 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
A thing they should punish more is the damn -10 points for suicide. So much people nading the floor when they are near you because they know that +50 -10 is worth it
Noob tube is even worse than that. Up close it doesn't even damage the shooter, so some bastards just shoot you point-blank with it.