Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2010, 04:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll take the current rendition of noob tubes over the "sniper" shot guns ingame.

This game needs a patch, badly. All the 'perks' are busted, like Encorp said, paddles (medic), mortars (recon), repair (engineer)...

Last I checked, welding a tank getting shot by another tank didnt work...
Old March 13, 2010, 05:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarl View Post
I consider myself an experienced Gamer with above (slightly) average Skills (i.e. unless I'm having an off night I can usually stay in the top 10 in a game). I like to play Assault Class and I do use these Grenade launchers, I don't consider myself a Spammer but I do see the value of the Weapon. It's my opinion that there's nothing wrong with using this.
Nothing wrong with Assault if you stick to your role. Clearing buildings and destroying cover, and be the general rambo. However it's questionable to throw down an ammo pack and tube

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old March 13, 2010, 06:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have never had a prob with the tube in any game....its part of the game its a real world weapon so go ahead and use it. I don't use it much in cod but when i do i use it like it should be used,to clear a room or hit ppl who ran around corners etc. same in bc2 i use assault class only and hell yea i use it. but im not one of those skilless ppl who run around and spam it. if im in a fire fight i use my gun and have a fire fight. but if someone runs into a house behind a wall hell yea im blowin the sh*t outta it with the tube, thats what its for. and if there is someone runnin around spammin it so what its part of the game deal with it or move to another server. the ppl who whine about it my opinion are the babies who just can't handle dying. its a game and i play it to have fun.if i die alot i die alot if i kill alot i kill alot i could give 2 sh*ts about my k/d ratio who cares
Old March 13, 2010, 08:09 AM
Allstar
F@H

if friendly fire was on it would be better, then these noob tuber couldn't just drop a 40mm nade in the middle of a battle killing only you while his teammate you were battling with runs away like nothing happened.. i hate that about ANY game.

Old March 13, 2010, 09:29 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I love the game but for now it's -the thing- I hate the most about the game... it's (*@&$# ridiculous how people abuse of the damn 40mm GL. Most of them are walking around with the damn thing ready to shoot and the first time they see any threat they don't even hesitate to launch one because, of course, they have unlimited ammo crate <_<

The worst map IMO for those people is White Pass, which is one of my favorite maps, and every time I try to play it I get somewhat frustrated by the events and am tempted to quit to get to another game more "open" (ie Panama Canal).

Don't get me wrong, the GL -is- useful and fun to play with, but not like all the paranoid player/lil ninjas running around use it. When I play assault I have fun playing with the 40mm shotgun which gets me out of trouble a lot of times... but never the grenade in a (pussy) offensive way.
I have to say that since I'm always an engineer, I use a lot the M2 to breach and blow up walls/barricade/cover to my squad can shoot people behind them and sometimes get a kill in the process, but I would and will never run around with it like you see some people doing and have at level 12 5 or 6 golden star with it like I saw a bunch of people having <_<

But meh, what do you want to do, it's the game and you can't change it... though people might change and start playing for fun and admit defeat when they are overwhelmed by another player, but you will never see that happening in a thousand year

I played in a server which had about 5 or 6 guys in the top 25-50 in the world (two of them were in the top 10) and boy did my friends and I raged at them haha... nadenadenadenadenadenadenadeknifeknifeknifenadenad eknifeknifenadenadenade and somehow walking/strafing sideways and getting headshots with the m60 without aiming, but I would guess that the part of their live that they lost morphed into skills so I'm not whining (though it was funny to see people with like 7-8 golden stars with the GL -_-)

(edit) ...oh and don't get me started on the -retarded- knife

Last edited by m1dget; March 13, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old March 13, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I use it when needed.

Got a triple kill with it when 2 medics and and assault were trying to cap my flag, i clear buildings out with it every now and then, but i'm not crazy with it.

I have around 8 weapons gold stars, maybe more now, but none of them are for the 40mm grenade, so i think i use it properly. What pisses me the fck off is when i see on the kill cam that the little fgt has 8 gold stars for the launcher.

Also, lets not carried away and start attacking knifes, i have 2 gold stars for that, and i see nothing wrong with using it, why am i going to waste ammo and possibly die later because of it, when i can knife and get to the other kill with a full clip.

And yes!

I care about my K/D ratio! it is a solid 2, and i enjoy that, it's part of how i enjoy games, i get really annoyed by having a 1.8 or 1.9, but i never sink low enough to re-spawn as a sniper and one shot people with the m95.
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Last edited by BrianHanna; March 13, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old March 13, 2010, 09:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I play assault class lots of the time and for sure I use the 40mm grenade. It's one of the perks of the class. Medic has heal, engie has rpg, etc etc. Do you expect me to use the 40mm smoke grenade or something haha ok. It's a real life weapon. Like someone said though it doesn't seem as deadly compared to the one in Modern Warfare (talking cod4 cause I dont own MW2). Don't run straight into someone (like you shouldn't) and then you won't die. There's a thought! I also use it to blow holes in buildings to go through them or if someone is behind cover to kill them. Up close its not really that easy to kill someone with it because normally I'm trying to shoot the ground beside them and if they're too close it won't explode and then I die. I'll only "spam" it sometimes if we're held down, I'll just throw down ammo box and keep firing 40mm especially at buildings til I can move forward, and of course I'll just use bullets in conjuction with that too. Should it not be allowed to replenish my 40mm? It's not like they get reloaded instantly either it takes a while longer than regular ammo to be replenished. I don't really see what's wrong with it in this game, the maps are so huge it should be easy to not get hit by it and sneak up and kill me. It's sick when you get double kills with it too. Fire a 40mm right in between 2 people and they go flying haha! And some of you are also complaining about mortar strikes? Maybe when there's a bunch of people using them at once, yes that can get annoying, but it's not hard to get out of the way of a mortar strike. Like I said the maps are huge, lots of places to hide.

And I don't know what you're trying to say about tank repairing while it's being shot at? You think that shouldn't be possible? Why? All you gotta do is fire a shell at thet person repairing it and they're dead. Backup from your squad (if you have any) should be able to take them out as well. Alot of this stuff was out in the first game which I know most of you probably haven't played, but that one came out like 2 years ago so it ain't nothing new. I don't know about paddles killing people in the first one, but that's the only one I find pretty dumb, but hilarious though. If you can get that close to someone, why not?

Oh and midget, I don't think you really have a right to complain about it since you were complaining about how a submachine gun was less powerful than an assault rifle in the other thread lolz.

And just to add, I don't care about my K/D ratio, I care about winning the match. I'll frickin run straight for that flag or crate to try and win. I wish more people would cause then I'd have more backup, and that's how you take flags/crates. I haaaaaaaaate when people sit back cause they don't want to die and not go for the flag/crate. That is how you play CS:Source/Modern Warfare. Well, that is how most people play those games but again I haaaaate that in those games too (Campers). You should keep moving especially with your squad.

Last edited by headsh0t; March 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old March 13, 2010, 10:21 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Haha my KD is low no matter if I cared about it or not. It's hovering at 0.86 overall and won't budge either way.

Old March 13, 2010, 11:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mine is exactly 2..and it's going up because I finished grinding through all the weapon unlocks.

White pass, and Nelson Harbor or something, are both tube prone

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old March 14, 2010, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

now this... this is why people hate the 40mm, not because of people like me, but because of people like this

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8900/nicenlscore.png

**** that shit
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /