Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2010, 08:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

it's pretty ******* disgusting that i still havent been able to play the game
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old March 2, 2010, 10:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

was Impulse doing preloads, I know with Mass Effect 2 Impulse started preloading before steam did.
Old March 2, 2010, 10:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My server browser and the instant play don't work....?
Old March 2, 2010, 10:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBA View Post
Picked up the game late today and have to say I am impressed so far! Multiplayer is a blast and the single player looks like it is going to be entertaining as well. Congrats to Dice for a job well done!
I'm hoping Sky or someone from HWC will use this game to bench hardware so I can figure out an upgrade path to my aging system (postponed numerous times) in order to fully enjoy performance and eye candy.1920 x 1080 resolution is my goal. How is everyone finding the performance on their systems?
+1 to that.

I need a new processor for this game. My 5200+ @ 2.9GHZ is bottlenecking my ATI 4850. My poor 4850 GPU usage is only at ~55%...

-Plato
Old March 2, 2010, 10:44 PM
Quadfather

Okay.... holy this game rocks. I seriously think the graphics are amazing, even if some refuse to admit it looks better than Crysis. Play singleplayer into the jungle missions and tell me which one you think looks better... its just nuts.

And they've made many changes for the better too! Improved audio, no graphical glitches, weapons deal more damage, etc etc etc.

I consider myself addicted already, lol.
Old March 2, 2010, 11:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well ive been playing the game and i am addicted now. one small problem, nomater what audio setting i use i can only get stereo, no 5.1. my amp is fead thought a fiber optic cable and only shows its getting a stereo signal.
Old March 3, 2010, 12:10 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I couldn't play it today (My dad's birthday) but I'm installing it today. Good to see the game seems to be well received. Beta was a heck of fun.
Old March 3, 2010, 06:40 AM
Quadfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
I couldn't play it today (My dad's birthday) but I'm installing it today. Good to see the game seems to be well received. Beta was a heck of fun.
The beta was significantly less awesome than this version... Seriously, I don't know what they did to the audio, but it Sounds so much better. Weapons and have a great "thud" sound to them that I don't remember from the beta at all.

Other changes from the beta:
- Weapons do seem to do far more damage, at least in sp a quick 2-3 bullet burst to one offending enemy drops them.
- HBAO seems to have been greatly streamlined: When playing with max everything + 2x MSAA + 2xAF + HBAO @ 1900x1200 I haven't noticed any lag or choppyness at all that I experienced in the Beta during high action. (I'll check with fraps next time I play to be sure)
- Tanks seem to move and fire more quickly, but that may be a Singleplayer-only thing.
- UAV flight controls are now inverted properly when toggled. It's secondary weapon also works now, lol.

To verify:
- Eyefinity support
Old March 3, 2010, 07:30 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I played a bit this morning but again WAY too much cod4 ninja's running around ruining the fine gameplay. -_-

Up to now the game is fun, but in all honesty not worth the 60$ I paid for it :(
Old March 3, 2010, 08:26 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Can anyone enlighten me, is there a way to run the game windowed without borders(fake fullscreen)? Asking because running basically ANYTHING fullscreen causes my video to drop out and never return(hardlock yay).