LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2010, 01:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Those

Old March 17, 2010, 09:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Okay after seeing the latest trailer with that 28 Days Later song, I want this game bad. I don't think my laptop will do it justice though, I'll get it in a month or two when I finish building my new system.
Old March 17, 2010, 11:07 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Speed View Post
Okay after seeing the latest trailer with that 28 Days Later song, I want this game bad. I don't think my laptop will do it justice though, I'll get it in a month or two when I finish building my new system.
That is what sold it for me as well.
Old March 18, 2010, 09:38 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I find it funny when i see people complaining of forum about Console and how they are Stopping the advance of graphics. Then a game that use most of DX11 feature come out like 5 month after the release of the first card, witch is very rare btw, then people cry and moan about running crappy. Imagine if there were no console, we would be running games that look like Final fantasy movie, at 800x600 at 25fps with 5950. The only reason we can run games as fast as we are now it's because we are stock in Dx9 ports (or Dx10 light ports). While this game is a port too, i was designed with Dx11 in mind, making it the first real Dx11 game on the market. Wait until Crysis 2 (if it's even Dx11) release..
Old March 18, 2010, 05:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoohki View Post
I find it funny when i see people complaining of forum about Console and how they are Stopping the advance of graphics. Then a game that use most of DX11 feature come out like 5 month after the release of the first card, witch is very rare btw, then people cry and moan about running crappy. Imagine if there were no console, we would be running games that look like Final fantasy movie, at 800x600 at 25fps with 5950. The only reason we can run games as fast as we are now it's because we are stock in Dx9 ports (or Dx10 light ports). While this game is a port too, i was designed with Dx11 in mind, making it the first real Dx11 game on the market. Wait until Crysis 2 (if it's even Dx11) release..
I have no hope for Crysis 2 to be much better than the first Crysis because of it will also be on consoles. Unless the crytek gods find us worthy enough.

Imagine if Crysis 2's graphics were so good the 2 5970's could only play ay 1680 x 1050 at max with no AA.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 18, 2010, 08:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Just bought it.. great game i'am running a 750 OC to 4.0ghz with a 5850 OC to 940/1140 and the game mostly play great at Very High, DX11, 1920x1080, 16xAF and AAA. Of course it's not running a 60FPS and i'am not complaning so far gameplay wise..

When there's a lot of attacks it gets down a little but it's not too terrible.

took 2 screenshots, not very good one but i'am there so...

Btw AAA rocks, i've try 4xMSAA and not only it look blurrier but it's uber slow and AAA does really the job..

Old March 18, 2010, 09:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Looks good. Reviews sound pretty positive too for the most part. They all seem to say the same things. Very immersive, wonderfully realized world to explore, a bit buggy, sometimes frustratingly hard and some dumb AI, but overall a worthy game. Anyone want to do DX11 vs DX10 vs DX9 screenshots? Would be nice to see the improvements comparatively.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 18, 2010, 09:50 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I have to ask: what is "AAA"? Is that one of the DX Compute features?
Old March 18, 2010, 09:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
It's when he's virtual car breaks down

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old March 19, 2010, 03:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
LOL about the car thingy ;0. I think it's some sort of Adaptive Anti-Aliasing it's not under Dx11 so...

One thing to do that is cool and to play with the Tesselation. At first you might not see it, but after a while is pretty evident on characters and enemies. Example is that most characters shoulder are not round but like half an hexagon, when tesselation is on it's perflecly round. Every joint it like that and the facial feature too. Same on ennemies and mutants..

Anyway, unlike Crysis, witch look good in screenshot, this one need to be seen moving (maybe because it darker..)