Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2010, 05:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

It appears like Avast is partially the culprit since when I shut it on both computers, I was able to start a game, once in game it disconnected tho.

This worked once, now its bad to the begining.

Last edited by Kilauea; February 20, 2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old February 20, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My next question regarding this issue.

If I am unable to ping the other computer then there should be a problem there ?

How do I manage to make it so that I can ping it. Right now both computers can access the internet through the same router, I can access the shared files in the other computer, but I can't ping it.
Old February 26, 2010, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

The problem is still not solved, however here are the updates to it:

I have managed to start a multiplayer game when using my computer and my father's computer which both are on the same network. Mine is wired to the router and his is wirelessly connected. Doing so, I have used my steam account as well as my cousin's account.

I have also tried to do it with my cousin's computer and my father's, with the same problems. This leads me to believe the problem lies between the router and my cousin's computer, but I am unable to pin point anything wrong. I have done his Win7 install without changing much, like I did for my built and my father's built.