Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2010, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Dear Videogame Industry, Please Stop Making Games

I got a good chuckle from this as I am in the same boat!

GameSpy: Dear Videogame Industry, Please Stop Making Games - Page 1

Games I have yet to finish or even open/install (that I can think of atm). But maybe you'll be happy to know games that I do finish I often play again, and even again (which is part of my problem). :(

Infamous
Uncharted 2
Homeworld
Homeworld 2
Red Alert 3
Dawn of War II
Riddick: Dark Athena
Riddick: Butcher's Bay
KOTOR II
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Dragon Age
God of War 2
FEAR 2 Reborn (DLC)
Fallout 3
Empire Total War
King Arthur: The War RPG
Mario Galaxy
Dead Space Extraction
Zack & Wiki
Penumbra Collection
RE4 (Wii)
Little Big Planet
Lego Indy 2
Assassin's Creed 2 (currently working on it when not playing Bioshock 2!)
CoD WaW (DS)
CoD 4 (DS)
Stronghold Crusader

Yup I am an addict... I think I need therapy.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old February 11, 2010, 01:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wow thats my sentiments exactly lol. I have a stack of pc games that I have to tackle, games still on the go. Then there is my 360 that I have barely touched as well with the stack of games as well.
Old February 11, 2010, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya, I never beat stronghold crusader either, I got about 10 missions in and then just went to free play and would make a few hundred macemen and go beat down entire castles with them.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old February 11, 2010, 02:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I have all current gen systems and enjoy most genres, but so little time to play everything I want to. I'm so behind. I still haven't finished Half-Life 2 and I've had it since PC launch. Normally when a game I'm super interested in comes out I'll only play that for a month or so and everything else gets put on the back burner. I guess it's better then having nothing to play.

And Thund3rball, my tastes might be a bit different from yours but God of War II and Mario Galaxy are pretty close to my favorite games ever. I'd definitely try and make some time for them. Uncharted 2 was pretty awesome too.
Old February 11, 2010, 02:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Oh I have nothing against any of these games I haven't finished (except maybe DoW2). I am some number of hours into Mario Galaxy but you know how it is... something else came along and I dropped the ball. Same with GoW2... well sort of. I actually started this game like 3-4 times and something came up etc.. etc... I actually re-bought it for PS3 now and vow not to buy GoW3 until I finish GoW2! As for Uncharted 2... I don't want to play that until I finish a good handful of other PS3 games as i don't want anything I have to disappoint me after playing it, lol.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old February 11, 2010, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Don't you get bored ?
Old February 11, 2010, 02:42 PM
Allstar

I don't buy games that I don't intend to finish. The only game I haven't finished so far is sacred, and that's because it blows so hard I didn't want to play it anymore. In fact, I only ever buy games that I think I'll beat to death by playing over and over and over. I've finished most of my games several times over.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old February 11, 2010, 02:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
Don't you get bored ?
Bored? You mean bored of games or find myself with nothing to do several times/week. Because the answer to both questions is no, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
I don't buy games that I don't intend to finish. The only game I haven't finished so far is sacred, and that's because it blows so hard I didn't want to play it anymore. In fact, I only ever buy games that I think I'll beat to death by playing over and over and over. I've finished most of my games several times over.
Ya that used to be me too. At least I only buy a few full price games/year. The rest are discounted and some are down right ridiculously cheap thanks to services like Steam. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old February 11, 2010, 03:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Bored of games. Personally, I think I lost touch with my gaming part.
Old February 11, 2010, 03:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

^^ OMG WTF are you saying lol.. I tried stop playing completely many times, but every time it's an EPIC FAIL, it never happens.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution