Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2010, 08:00 AM
Rookie

Default C&C 4 Beta

Anyone else playing the Beta. I'd like to hear your thoughts. Game is completely different then the past. No Tiberium collecting, no big base building. You have to capture control nodes and hold them for points. So far I'm kinda of enjoying the change...
Old February 11, 2010, 08:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm capture nodes and hold them for points, whom else did that, oh wait Dawn of War 1 did that. A game with no tib collecting isnt a C&C game...
Old February 11, 2010, 08:26 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Hmm capture nodes and hold them for points, whom else did that, oh wait Dawn of War 1 did that. A game with no tib collecting isnt a C&C game...
+1. A lot of bashing on it by people. We want C&C to go back to its roots on how to make games fun such as Tiberian Sun, not the C&C 3 crap. And now C&C4 is going to make people drop out of the franchise even further.
Old February 11, 2010, 08:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

They at least claim it is going to be the last game, but i mean its looking more and more like they are just ripping ideas off of the Dawn of War franchise since it worked for their universe
Old February 11, 2010, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

I find the C&C series has gone down hill since EA acquired Westwood, the only good game they made after that was C&C Generals. I bought C&C3 and wasn't really impressed. My favourites are still the first Red Alert and Generals.
Old February 11, 2010, 09:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Makes me kind of thankful that EA left the Dune RTS series alone after acquiring Westwood so i dont have to see its name get dragged through the mud even though i'd love a new updated one.
Old February 11, 2010, 10:17 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Absolute trash. I've played and enjoyed the entire C&C series up to and including C&C3 and Red Alert 3, but with this one I think they've finally lost me.
Old February 11, 2010, 10:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
+1. A lot of bashing on it by people. We want C&C to go back to its roots on how to make games fun such as Tiberian Sun, not the C&C 3 crap. And now C&C4 is going to make people drop out of the franchise even further.
Yeah, I remember playing original Command & Conquer with my buddy on dial-up. 1 v 1 game would take hours, tie up the phone line and piss off everyone in the house. Sometime we would do like 15 min no attacking treaties and such... As for C&C 3, for all of it's faults, my buddy and I played like 500-600 2v2 games on line...
Old February 11, 2010, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wish C&C would go back to its roots also. C&C red alert 1&2, Tiberium Sun, and Generals are my favourite C&Cs. I remember playing so much of those 3 games but now I hardly play the newest C&C games except for beating the single player. I strongly dislike these ultra fantasy units and the way they are changing the core game.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 11, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hate all these RTS games trying to take out the resource gathering and base building. That's what I play RTS's for!!! That's also why im anxiously awaiting SC2 !! Going to be epic. I didn't mind C&C3, although I only yar'ed it so never played it online, same with Red Alert 3. Was not bad.. Definately nothing compared to the first C&C and Red Alert.