Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12, 2010, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Base building is important to me also. I love having multiple bases collecting resources with massive amounts of defenses like in Tiberium Sun.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 15, 2010, 04:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
I hate all these RTS games trying to take out the resource gathering and base building. That's what I play RTS's for!!! That's also why im anxiously awaiting SC2 !! Going to be epic. I didn't mind C&C3, although I only yar'ed it so never played it online, same with Red Alert 3. Was not bad.. Definately nothing compared to the first C&C and Red Alert.
My guess is that everyone is awaiting SC2...
Old February 23, 2010, 09:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel View Post
No Tiberium collecting, no big base building. You have to capture control nodes and hold them for points. So far I'm kinda of enjoying the change...
I hate it to be honest. They messed with the classic formula and it just doesn't feel right to me :/
Old March 23, 2010, 10:05 AM
MVP

Seems the general consensus of C&C4 is that its just plain a$$. I've been reading posts on a y'arr forum of people that have the y'arr full retail copy and they are disappointed to say the least. Someone that actually bought it said the best part of the game was when he returned it to the store lol. I was looking forward to another C&C, but after reading posts about it, I doubt I am going to get this. I mean no base building? WTF... that's the best part of an RTS game. And nothing like ending the series with a shitty final game eh EA?

I was an avid C&C gamer. I loved all the series except for RA3, which I thought was too cartoony and silly. I even bought the C&C The First Decade DVD, which just sits on my desk :P Gone are the classics that Westwood developed. After EA bought them out, they ruined the series! I would love them to revamp the classic with today's graphics, but I doubt that will ever happen.

"The peppers fired a warning shot. Some were so loud and echoing that I was later told a few folks in
other aisles had ducked, fearing that someone was robbing the store and firing off a shotgun."
Old March 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I tried playing it and for me the DRM and generally idiotic premise succeeded in destroying the series.