Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2010, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Call of Pripyat.

Does anyone know when this game will be released in Canada? The gaming sites I checked say the release date for North America is Feb.2nd but I called E>B Games,Future Shop,Staples etc. and was told it was not even in thier system.What gives?Any help on where it is available either on line or any store is appreciated. Thanks all.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old February 3, 2010, 09:57 AM
Banned
F@H

I will like to know too, even if I have already the russian and german one
Old February 3, 2010, 12:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I'm thinking their publisher really dropped the ball this time. It's not even listed on any of the DD services (Steam, D2D, etc.).
Old February 3, 2010, 01:36 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I'm thinking their publisher really dropped the ball this time. It's not even listed on any of the DD services (Steam, D2D, etc.).
Zero the first Stalker ( ShoC ) was the best one. I was really in the game. This game have something special. not too much fiction, base on a real events , ( only the teleport at the end that suck..) In Clear Sky, I start to lost the identity of the main character. No bar section , they change the Base of the Freedom ,and duty, even the save and reload function and other important key was relocated. when you play both , it's a real problem, and at the end we have to try to kill the guy we was playing is caractere in the first game.. not to much for the interest.

In pripyat you enter the train station and bang what a chock the duty in a corner and the freedom in the other... WTF , we associate our self with what ????? . unfortunately I spent a lot on game and Stream and I try and I try, I don<t like other game than STALKER .. so pripyat is the greatest deception of the year for me... still I find a way to enjoy it a little bit.. but I pass ore time doing mod in the first One, not great mode like Artist Pavel, member here. simple thing to amuse me.

I don't even know if I will even buy a direct x 11 GPU for it. if the games was like expected... it's a long time I will have put 2 5870 in xfire believe me.
Old February 3, 2010, 01:39 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I agree with you Mark, although not having played CoP I can't comment on that. There are plenty of other games that I enjoy though. I think you may just need to figure out exactly where your interests lie before you can find another game that you'll enjoy.
Old February 3, 2010, 02:17 PM
Allstar

The things that really bugged me about the first stalker game are the disappearing bullets, save/reload bug, and telepathic AI that will shoot you through walls (mostly caused by save/reload bug). The load times were also pretty excessive, although I was using a high res texture mod so that might have something to do with it. The story pacing was also very poor, and it wasn't until I got to the end that I really thought the story was sort of interesting. And then it gave you the stupid teleporting level for no reason...

Overall, I found fighting mutants to be much more fun than fighting humans that I can do in any other FPS that do it better. That was the only thing really different about stalker and they really didn't use it to their advantage, in my opinion. They should have flooded a lot of areas with powerful swarms of mutants instead of bandits and mercenaries and monolith goons. I found fighting packs of blind dogs more fun than humans since at least you have to run your ass off instead of hide behind a rock and take pop shots until the fight is over.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.

Last edited by thenewguy001; February 3, 2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old February 3, 2010, 02:39 PM
Banned
F@H

ah the teleport... but what I like the is the Ai is pretty good, ok at some level, you can go where you want, and return to place too. Look at Call of duty, one moment you are a american, the next step a russian, you return and american. and they add English in the forth one.. what a mess up ... at least the english have some interest, with a story.

If you want more mutants and dogs I can sugest you a mod. you will have at your taste believe me. You have even a mod to clone few of them right away on front of you , or better send 50 of them in the Control room of the central, and enjoy the fight with the monolith . What you want I say , after play it 20 times I have to use mod to have fun.
Old February 3, 2010, 02:40 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
.....I think you may just need to figure out exactly where your interests lie before you can find another game that you'll enjoy.
what you think I do...
Old February 9, 2010, 10:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah it came out February 2nd, but I can't find it anywhere either... only place I've found it so far is Amazon.com (not even .ca...).

I really want to get Call of Pripyat, I liked the first two so much (although like most people say, Shadow of Chernobyl was better; although there's elements that I like about Clear Sky as well...), I can't wait to play Call of Pripyat.
-Deadpool
Old February 11, 2010, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

As usual, I almost always wait until the game prices drop. I was about halfway through SoC when I found out about pavel's mod. Since I switched to win7, I reinstalled SoC with pavel's mod and clear sky. I'll be starting on these shortly. Not bad considering I got them for $12 each. I am still waiting for CoP.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)