Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10, 2007, 11:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Third Person Shooters

I've been out of the loop when it comes to the third person shooters. The last TPS I played was SOCOM US Navy Seals for PS2. I know people are going to say FPS are better but I prefer to see where my character moves in a game. I've been playing RPG's for last few years.

I saw Lost Planet and it looks amazing but with the system I'm building I doubt I will be able to run it with the settings maxed. So does anyone know of some good current TPS games?

My system specs are as follows:

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 @ 2.0GHz (Goal is to get it to 3.0GHz)
2GB Mushkin HP2-6400 DDR800
XFX GeForce 7900 GS Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 256-bit
250GB Seagate SATA
Samsung DVD-+RW
Corsair VX500 Watt

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old October 12, 2007, 08:43 PM
Rookie

max payne 1 and 2 were both extremely fun in my opinion, sometimes confusing though.

sven co-op (hl1 coop mod) also has the option to play it in third person (but its not that great)

if i remember any more games that are third person, ill give yea a holler.
Old October 13, 2007, 09:10 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hitman: Blood Money
Superb game. I've played Hitman since the first game (its release was overshadowed by its obscene difficulty and by Max Payne) and Blood Money is a gigantic leap forward in the franchise. There won't be another sequel for some time as the IO Interactive development team responsible for the Hitman franchise, which is a very small team, is currently busy with Kane & Lynch.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2
I honestly really hate the new Ghost Recon "sequels" because they've strayed so incredibly far from their stealth & penetration roots of 2001. However, to the general public, the new Ghost Recon games (a.k.a. Advanced Warfighter) seem to be very well received.

Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Both are the best-executed installments of the franchise. Chaos Theory is highly recommended as it will also allow co-operative play and the game mechanics are top-notch.
Old October 13, 2007, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

you can play all half-life games (1 @ 2) in third person. Just type in the console ` thirdperson.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 14, 2007, 09:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

You can try Bioshock..i've played it with all the settings maxed and no probs..
Old November 6, 2007, 12:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post

Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Both are the best-executed installments of the franchise. Chaos Theory is highly recommended as it will also allow co-operative play and the game mechanics are top-notch.
+1
I loved the SC series until Double Agent. that game was just too bug ridden for me >:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
you can play all half-life games (1 @ 2) in third person. Just type in the console ` thirdperson.
Sweet I had no idea. Gonna try that out next time. I prefer FPS but any excuse to play HL 1 & 2 again

My 1st Post... weeeee!