Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2010, 11:22 PM
MVP

Steam is too convenient though, now I buy every game thats for sale...
It started with "eh I might play that later" but now its turned into a collection thing... hundreds and hundreds of dollars into steam (only buying special deals mind you)
SteamCalculator.com - How much is your Steam Account worth?
Check it out and if your anything like me cry over all that money.
Old January 24, 2010, 11:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

I personally prefer a physical copy so I am extremely sad to see pc games being relegated to that back corner and its getting to the point where I am almost tempted to go to steam for my games now. Only thing is its been years since I've had a credit card, I work mainly on debit, and I have yet to find very many online stores that support EMP or something similar, NCIX is the only one I know of right now. Should get one but for now... Also cash is real, I like real.
Old January 25, 2010, 08:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agafaba View Post
Steam is too convenient though, now I buy every game thats for sale...
It started with "eh I might play that later" but now its turned into a collection thing... hundreds and hundreds of dollars into steam (only buying special deals mind you)
SteamCalculator.com - How much is your Steam Account worth?
Check it out and if your anything like me cry over all that money.
That's cool. It doesn't count pre-orders I see. And I actually have more HL games than it counts because of the Orange Box duplicates that I never gifted. The gamespot gameslist is more complete if you have a lot of hard disk (or cartridge) media too.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 25, 2010, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I walked into the local EB one day, and I must have wandered around for 5min trying to find the PC games, and it's not a very big store. It was one shelf, at the back and it didn't have ANY new releases. Anyway console games are behind the curve, DD is where it's at, why wait for a store to open to buy the game, or pre-order it from a store that may never ever get the game in stock. I'll avoid the rant on where this console mentality is taking gaming...