Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2010, 01:46 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Dark Void. Fun as hell, especially with.....wait for it....PhysX enabled. Yikes, I can't believe I said that.
Old January 24, 2010, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's interesting. I might give it a try with Physx, was never a fan of it

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old January 24, 2010, 01:55 PM
MVP
F@H

I've been watching the inventory shrink at all the local shops, too. I prefer the physical copy myself. Well, I can't really say that because I've never so much as looked at the Steam website. Old dog/new tricks syndrome I suppose. And my last console was Sega Genesis. I most likely never would have got into computers at all if the consoles had any flight sims way back then. /rambling
Old January 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

All the pc games i'll get these days is a digital copy since i dont have to worry about installing it from a DVD, its typically faster, it stores my cd key so i dont have to hunt for it, if its steam i can play it in offline mode with my girlfriend. Can't do most of these with a hard copy. Only down side of course bandwidth caps for those whom have em but Bell in NB doesn't believe in them
Old January 24, 2010, 09:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Dark Void. Fun as hell, especially with.....wait for it....PhysX enabled. Yikes, I can't believe I said that.
You must be really desperate for a jet pack game. That demo was so average even my mediocre standards were not impressed.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 24, 2010, 09:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have around 10 games on Steam. You can usually get great deals on brand new games if you use the 4 pack system. IE: ~$38 for a brand new copy of L4D2 at launch day.

What are good games from Steam for under $10 coz i have a Prepaid mastercard from MIR's.

-Plato
Old January 24, 2010, 09:28 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I've bought over 100 games from various digital distribution services, but only a handful of hard-copy games in the last year. It's hard to justify buying a $50 new PC release from a B&M store when I can just fire up Steam and buy a bunch of $5 or $10 games instead, or even just pre-order it off of Steam for a discount.
Old January 24, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The only "good" thing about buying retail is that "some" games don't require a cd-key ***coughgridcough** so you could technically install on every computer you own. Another pro is that you might be able to sell it when you are tired of the game (COD4, i'm looking at you!!!)

-Plato
Old January 24, 2010, 09:37 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
The only "good" thing about buying retail is that "some" games don't require a cd-key ***coughgridcough** so you could technically install on every computer you own.
What most people don't realize is that you can do this with Steam as well, using Offline mode.
Old January 24, 2010, 09:47 PM
MVP

I hear you, but Steam is such a great service that I've stopped buying physical games entirely.

Side note, "wherefore" is one word, and actually means "why" not "where"