Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2010, 04:33 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Default Second Borderlands DLC is out for all platforms.

Here's the link on Steam: Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot on Steam
For retail copies, you can get it from the Gearbox store: https://store.gearboxsoftware.com/

I'm not sure if I'm going to get this one, but it's nice to see that the PC version is being released simultaneously with the console versions unlike the last one. Unfortunately, it also has Securom protection with a 5 install limit.
Old January 7, 2010, 04:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice! Might be wirth it for the gun bank alone (which should have been in the original game).

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 7, 2010, 04:54 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I'm still on the fence about this one, so if anyone does grab it, please post your impressions here .
Old January 7, 2010, 06:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I might try this out on the weekend.

Does anyone know how the "3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™ 5 machine activation limit" effects games downloaded via Steam? (If at all.)
Old January 7, 2010, 06:07 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit View Post
I might try this out on the weekend.

Does anyone know how the "3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™ 5 machine activation limit" effects games downloaded via Steam? (If at all.)
It shouldn't download it once, then just copy the whole game (dlc included) from one PC to another. lol
Old January 7, 2010, 06:33 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
When you go to the DLC area, it will ask you to activate the game. If you install the game on another PC or copy the game folder over to another PC, it will ask you to activate it again. Same thing if you reinstall the OS. Each activation is tied to the Windows install it is activated on.
Old January 7, 2010, 10:20 PM
MVP

hdd cloning!
Old January 8, 2010, 12:03 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Arrow no way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
When you go to the DLC area, it will ask you to activate the game. If you install the game on another PC or copy the game folder over to another PC, it will ask you to activate it again. Same thing if you reinstall the OS. Each activation is tied to the Windows install it is activated on.
As they say in Canada, puck that.

Neuter ware from Steam is bad enough. I don't care how easy it is to circumvent. If their policy is five installs for ten dollars they aren't getting any money from me.
Old January 8, 2010, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ya DRM on DRM is stupid. But at the same time it has been my experience that these install limits usually get lifted after some time. And if not you can just contact the publisher or dev and get your activations back if you need to. Also just uninstalling the game usually means you gain that activation back too.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 8, 2010, 11:20 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
As they say in Canada, puck that.

Neuter ware from Steam is bad enough. I don't care how easy it is to circumvent. If their policy is five installs for ten dollars they aren't getting any money from me.
You can call up and request more activations if you run out. Although I do agree that it's bullshit.