Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Ages on game sites

Who cares, I have never once told the truth on them, there is no way to verify, if a kid wants to go on these sites there is NOTHING to stop them. And whats more there is nothing there that the kid shouldnt see anyways for the most part. Might as well not let them watch any tv, let them go to school. Not once is there a mention of sex on the ME2 site, yet I have to put in a year everytime I go in. Its like DRM completely pointless and very annoying.
Old January 7, 2010, 08:47 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

It's not there to keep the kids out. It is there to cover the company's back side.
Old January 7, 2010, 09:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It goes the same with any site that the viewers have to be 17, 18 or 21+. Its to cover the company's ass as it is not their fault if you went to the site if you lied about your age. Liability protection is all
Old January 7, 2010, 10:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

yeah, I know. Our health and safety obsessed society caused by frivolous lawsuits. Its pathetic that this happens. And while it may cover the companies backside its nothing but a pain in mine.
Old January 7, 2010, 12:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

As the old joke goes, "welcome to the Republican Party".
Old January 7, 2010, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There have been talks about adding in a credit card number as proof of age. Hope that never happens so just be glad that it isn't worse.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old January 7, 2010, 05:13 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
There have been talks about adding in a credit card number as proof of age. Hope that never happens so just be glad that it isn't worse.
That's never going to happen. People aren't going to just start giving away their credit card numbers to random websites to prove that they are of age.