Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2010, 07:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

Ok, tell me how long it takes to write one of those emails, they add a little to the back story, nothing else, they do not add to the game per say as we were lead to believe. I read them all, trust me.

Hell, even making Anderson or Udina a councilor MAKES NOT DIFFERENCE, your shunned anyways.

As for the total time played, yeah, I spent so much time scanning those damn planets that I have at least 57 hours or so, I think its more a problem of it feeling short as each mission for the characters was shorter and it was spread out between 11 of them. That and the fact there are only 15 very short N7 missions flavored my tastes a little.

As for the DLC, if you look at Dragon Age, Shale was a DLC and he was well integrated, same company NO excuses.

An excellent site by the way, a face database for those of us (me included) that fail miserably at making anything decent looking)
Old February 1, 2010, 09:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamundaman View Post
I'm a graphics whore.

Let's put things into perspective: in 1998 the most graphically revolutionary game of its time came out, Unreal. This is June 1998. By June 200 we had games such as Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Deus Ex (using unreal's engine), and Quake 3 Arena. Many of these games looked better than Unreal.

So why is it that 2 years after Crysis, we don't have a single game (bar Warhead), not 1 game, that looks marginally better, or even as good as? Come on, something is rotten. I'm sure Crytek is crying (no pun intended) to have some companies license its brilliant engine.

Other than that, I love ME2, great game so far. The side quests are more concise, no more lunar buggies. Combat is more refined. Just that damn game engine…its showing some major gray hairs.

it may be because those game engines cater to the top 10% of PC gamers, and look like shit on lower settings.
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old February 2, 2010, 04:05 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleF View Post
As for the emails, you should read them a little more thoroughly. They really help flesh out the story, and more importantly, serve to tell stuff about the ME1, I assume for new players who don't know the story.
I laughed my ass off when I got a nigerian scam email
Old February 2, 2010, 11:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllz View Post
I laughed my ass off when I got a Nigerian scam email
Yes, the spam emails are amusing, you can get a few. I will admit the game feels quite different when you dont have the power to make some choices (council lives/dies was a big one for me even though it had no impact on game whatsoever, I always felt bad if I didnt ave the council.

I'm just wondering, can you actually buy that prothean stash or is that spam as well, I could not tell. For now I am assuming spam.
Old February 3, 2010, 08:41 AM
Allstar

I'm glad the annoying planet exploration was gone. Just land the thing and get in there. It would have been awesome if I could assign my non-active party to do side missions for me while I harvest resources or do the plot missions.
Old February 3, 2010, 09:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
I'm glad the annoying planet exploration was gone. Just land the thing and get in there. It would have been awesome if I could assign my non-active party to do side missions for me while I harvest resources or do the plot missions.
Or assign them to gather resources or something...
Old February 3, 2010, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllz View Post
Or assign them to gather resources or something...
I just assigned the females to Sheppard's quarters so he could harvest their resources.
Old February 4, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracture View Post
I am willing to bet the decisions you make in ME2 will have a greater effect in ME3 than ME1 did on ME2.

That's a lot of "ME"

Just my opinion.

Really liked the game. I didn't find it too short, but would have preferred another 12 hours or so tacked onto the main storyline.

This is one of the few games that rivals Deus Ex for me though. That's a pretty big accomplishment in my books.
The ending of ME2 does indeed seem like it will play a more important role in ME3 than the first had towards the second. Also depending on the complexity and practicality I could see ME1 choices having more of an impact on ME3.

In regards to length it was similar to to ME1 for me at least, both took me around 30 hours to complete. Although I did only do 2 of the N7 missions on my first ME2 playthrough.

ME1 introduced the story and ME2 delves deeper into the characters, so in some sense I can see where it leaves you wanting more. However it has always been planned as a trilogy and I have some very lofty expectations for ME3.
Old February 4, 2010, 01:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i suppose im glad that the mako is gone, but gathering resources over again kinda makes me want to rip my eyes out second time around
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old February 4, 2010, 02:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm really enjoying this game but don't have time to play as much as I'd like ....I do wish steam would look after the DLC but not a big deal.