Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2010, 10:38 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I use Tversity, works perfectly for me. I have one server of music and one for video on a different PC. Made my media PC obsolete really.
Old January 8, 2010, 08:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I think my box is beefy enough, it was a bandwidth thing for me. Takes me 3 minutes to put something on a USB key and walk across the basement. Problem solved.
Haha, ya you could do that but it's more convenient just to turn on the PS3 and have your whole library there for you to choose from. And ya 1080p if you're wired should be no problem, but I was talking about over wireless. External hard drive would be a good choice to keep all your movies/audio on so you could just move it from your computer to ps3 when you want to watch or listen to stuff. But then again your limited to using your media library on whichever device the hdd is attached to at the time. 500gb 2.5" hdd's are also cheap these days, been thinking of putting one in my PS3 or at least a 250gb. Yup lots of ways to get your media on PS3.

I also agree with being able to listen to music while performing other tasks on the ps3 but even when you're on the PS store you can't view XMB it makes you exit first.
Old January 11, 2010, 11:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
And ya 1080p if you're wired should be no problem, but I was talking about over wireless.
ja, i initially tried to do it via wireless, but it kept dropping the connection. I decided to run a network cable across the house under the floor and it works great now
Old January 11, 2010, 11:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

if you want to stream wirelessly it can't be anything higher than dvd quality as anything higher you will get serious lag. There just isn't the bandwidth (you may still get stuttering even with a DVD quality).

if you want full HD quality wired or a usb HDD.