Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   day-care game's? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/27459-day-care-games.html)

nick_black January 6, 2010 06:33 AM

day-care game's?

well.. not quite a day care,

but does anyone know of any games where you have to take care of a kid, and depending what you do, it'll iether be, a good, smart student, an rebelius druggy, ect ect.

anything like that?

thanks

Nick_Black

Arinoth January 6, 2010 06:44 AM

Practicing in being a father?

GregH January 6, 2010 08:54 AM

Sims 3?

I got bored of it after a couple of days so not sure how in depth the raising kids part of the game gets

MarkOne January 6, 2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 312929)
Practicing in being a father?

Very good statement.... but more hard to do than say... see my kick tough on it after my anwser to the OP question

ok for the software, my son his 7 years old, he have his own computer since a long time, I let him do what it want with it, I only guide him and explain him things. Since few month he play ( I must say work) with Lego Digital Designer... It's like a cad software, where he design on the PC huge lego things, and after he do it with real lego, I show it to the Board of School , they are totally amazing by it

LEGO Digital Designer : Virtual Building Software

Now my view on kids problem :

I'm in the board at school, we work in the next 5 years school orientation project. We make a study, a side of parent who do nothing for their kids, many kids have no interest in life,, they have nothing to do , or nothing interest them.

So the solution is make your kid interested in things.... it's very easy to say.....

enaberif January 6, 2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkOne (Post 312974)

So the solution is make your kid interested in things.... it's very easy to say.....

This is the most difficult thing for ANY parent to try and figure out. Some kids make it more apparent than others while others you struggle to find where they will excel at.

My brother for example absolutely hated school till he got to shop class where he excelled quite well at.

TimTheEnchanter January 6, 2010 10:10 AM

As geeky as i can be, i will make sure to avoid video games and television with my children at a young age. There are so much alternivatives that cost less and much more developing and healthy for kids : sports and arts, mostly.

If it is not your children and are looking for a simple game to pass time, well take a look into popcap games...

edit : Oh just saw i misread OP too. Yeah, play the Sims 3. And i wasn't saying that games are evil for young children, should just be... avoided a bit.

Snafu January 6, 2010 10:13 AM

Depends on the age. My kids (3-10) like Peep and the Big Wide World. On line teaching games...number matching, colour mixing, balancing weights, etc.. They are always bugging me to use the computer to play.

So it is fun and educational (without being overly teacher-ish)

MarkOne January 6, 2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snafu (Post 313010)
....... They are always bugging me to use the computer to play

give them your computer, your wife will petty you and give you the OK to build a new one for you :thumb:

enaberif January 6, 2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter (Post 313008)
As geeky as i can be, i will make sure to avoid video games and television with my children at a young age. There are so much alternivatives that cost less and much more developing and healthy for kids : sports and arts, mostly.

If it is not your children and are looking for a simple game to pass time, well take a look into popcap games...

Not true as a lot of games can really help with a childs memory and etc.

Leapster is a good example of this.

Thund3rball January 6, 2010 10:55 AM

This is a great discussion. I think like anything in life moderation is the key. So when it comes to video games, computers, TV etc... you just have to not let it be the exclusive form of entertainment. Music, sports, outdoors, skateboarding, bike riding etc... are other ways for kids to have fun, learn valuable skills and allow different ways for you to interact with them too.

I have every intention of gaming with my kids, but I also have every intention of doing a lot of other things too. Hopefully they like it all as much as I do! We'll see I guess?