Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Star Trek Online - Februray 2010 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/26744-star-trek-online-februray-2010-a.html)

Surfer_2099 December 17, 2009 07:51 AM

Star Trek Online - Februray 2010

Hey all!

I have always enjoyed Star Trek. I've seen all the Original Series in reruns, watched The Next Generation religiously, toyed with Deep Space 9 and Voyager (although both not my favourite) and apparently am one of the few who liked Enterprise (although I have not seen all the episodes.

I truly enjoyed MOST of the Star Trek films in varying degrees and I admit, although I am not a fan of Time Travel in films sometimes, I think that the 2009 version of Star Trek was a fantastic film overall.

Anyways, all that to preface my question : "I was wondering if anyone has been keeping an eye on this MMO or plans on trying it."

I've been tracking the game a bit of late and there seems to be some good things being said about the development. It doesn't feel overhyped too much either. What's also making me interested in this MMO is the fact that I have been reading a lot of negative stuff about the upcoming Star Wars MMO (and trust me... I love the Star Wars universe too!).

I was just curious to see if others were thinking of signing up for Starfleet or not.

Have a good one!
Ensign_Canuck :)

Edit: Various pre-orders have different items. Steam is supposed to have a pre-order version, but it does not show up in their lists of games. Anyone know anything about that?

Signal2Noise December 17, 2009 09:19 AM

I'm currently in the closed beta for STO. All I can say due to NDA is the target date for February will be very interesting indeed. :whistle:

Soultribunal December 17, 2009 10:13 AM

I'd Sign up, gimme a Steamrunner with a good crew and lets rock the world.

ST

encorp December 17, 2009 01:14 PM

lol...........

no_pulse December 17, 2009 09:08 PM

Borg Cube ftw!

Would be sweet if you could be borg!

JMHC December 18, 2009 05:47 AM

So far I'm not that interested in it. No matter how different new MMO's seem to be on paper, they all always boil down to the same MMO standards. At least IMO.

Groove December 18, 2009 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise (Post 303649)
I'm currently in the closed beta for STO. All I can say due to NDA is the target date for February will be very interesting indeed. :whistle:

One of my friend is in also and he told me the exact same thing... so i'm guessing they still have TONS of work to do b4 release...

Surfer_2099 December 27, 2009 08:28 AM

First off... MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

I've decided to do the pre-order thing and now am trying to rummage up as much info on "free" extras that might be available for the characters through various sources. With the pre-order from EBgames, you get a ship and since I had a 25$ coupon for them, I figured I'd get the Special Edition which has some extras as well.

I was recently at Future Shop and saw that with Season 3 Blue Ray of the Original Star Trek series, there is a code card in the box that gives access to the Admiral's uniform from Wrath of Khan (I think). Since I have no intention of buying any of the series (Blue Ray or other) I was wondering if anyone around here might have bought that series or gotten it for Christmas and have no use for the Code Card since they won't be playing STO.

I'd be very interested in getting that code for the uniform so that my Captain will not only be smart, but look smart as well.

PM me if you feel charitable.

Cheers!
STO_Canuck :)

Nerdrage January 5, 2010 11:56 AM

My fiancee and I have pre-ordered digital deluxe editions and are anxiously waiting for the open beta to start next week. Wish they would open up downloads for the beta client already, even if just for pre-orders. Having everyone try and download it on the 11th is going to be chaos.

Jack Rabbit January 5, 2010 01:15 PM

I enjoy Star Trek but am not a fanboy by any means. I have been watching the development of the MMO and it is just not grabbing my attention. I keep imagining all the griefers running around yelling "KAHN", and that every quest will end with reversing the polarity of something. Hopefully they will have a free demo later in the year. I'll definitely try that.

SWTOR, on the other hand...