Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2009, 06:05 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Dante's Inferno

Has anyone planned to buy this game?

Looks pretty awesome if you ask me! I actually pre-ordered it like 3 months ago and I can't wait for it to come out.

Today is a big day for this game since a demo of it is coming out for PS3 users (Xbox 360 version won't come out until the 24th IIRC) or at least it should, updated my PS3 to the latest version and can't see it yet in the demos list

Anyways, the game looks awesome, if you like Hack'n'Slash la Devil May Cry, God of War or even Dynasty Warrior, look up to it

[youtube]SdqY2a9iRXw[/youtube]
Old December 10, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've kinda been looking forward to this, I though it looked good. Demo's out today you say? I'll have to take a look.
Old December 10, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Will definitely be checkin out the demo tonight. Had my eye on this one for a while. I say it's a toss up between this and Darksiders until GoW 3 comes out. However if you buy this for PS3 (when it's released) you get a whole bunch of extra stuff like soundtrack, artbook etc... like a LE but it costs the same as the regular edition! :)

Dante's Inferno Gets PlayStation 3 Exclusive 'Divine Edition' at Regular Price - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old December 10, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

meh, its not coming out for pc so to be honest I do not really care. The fact that is based on the poem interests me, but then I've been meaning to read it for ages and still have it sitting in my in tray...

Read some odd stuff about what EA has been doing to promote it, apart from that I know nothing about it.
Old December 10, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If it's good I will probably pick it up however... Feb 9th is going to be a tough sell on me as that's Bioshock 2 release day! Sorry Dante... Big Daddy wins.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old December 10, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Some more insight into the demo.
Dante's Inferno Demo Impressions and a Glimpse Deeper - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

On a sidenote I tried the Bayonetta demo the other night (to which Shacknews says this game will have a tough time with) and I can honestly say Dante or Darksiders, at this time, has zero to worry about. I found Bayonetta way too "Japanime" for my taste. Even my wife was like "meh" watching me play. If you are looking for visceral, supernatural hack-n-slash I think Dante or Darksiders is the way to go. But check the demo and see for yourself!

Edit:

More thoughts on the demo. I like the closing thoughts, something like... If you just can't wait for GoW3, or use a 360... this is a solid clone!
Poet, I beg you... give me strength: Dante's Inferno demo

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE

Last edited by Thund3rball; December 10, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old December 11, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So I played the demo last night. I'd have to agree 100% with the Arstechnica demo review I linked above. The game is fun, lots of action, good graphics, cool story, lots of gratuitous violence and even CG boobies! Having said that I'd have to say if God of War was my girlfriend, then playing Dante's Inferno felt like I was cheating on her with her twin sister. She may dress a little different and live in a different part of town, but ultimately she's just a carbon copy.

The pacing and variety of gameplay is better in GoW though. At least in comparing the opening level of GoW and this game demo anyways. In GoW you went from battling some undead minions, to fighting a giant 3 headed serpent, to platforming around a crumbling ship, back to minions/platforming and finally going head to head with the 3 headed serpent in an amazing boss battle. It was simply the most exhilarating opening level I have ever experienced in an action game. In Dante it's a little more focused on hordes of enemies with a couple boss battles. As said it is fun and exciting but more variety would be nice. Maybe there's more to come as you progress in game?

Who should play this game?
1. 360 owners looking for a GoW experience (your prayers have been answered even if you didn't know you had them).
2. PS3 owners who can't get enough GoW from the GoW collection, or their PS2, and simply can't wait for GoW 3.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old December 11, 2009, 09:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just went thru the demo and I must say...WOW!

I just want more of it, I like these type of games so much (hack'n'slash/beat'em all) tho I never played GoW ,will probably buy the trilogy altogheter when GoW3 comes out.

Can't wait for it to come out :)
Old December 11, 2009, 10:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You can get GoW 1&2 now for the PS3 as the GoW Collection. They are "remastered" for HD and have never looked better. AND you get 2 games for $40. If you like Dante I would say go get the GoW Collection NOW!!! It is a no brainer. Dante will be $60-$70 and you are going to be waiting till Feb 9th to get it.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old December 11, 2009, 12:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just pre-ordered GoW 3, I'll go thru hell with Dante in February and GoW 3 in March :D

I planned to buy the GoW 1&2 package at boxing day ;)