Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Games Like No One Lives Forever? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/25928-games-like-no-one-lives-forever.html)

Thund3rball November 26, 2009 11:04 AM

Games Like No One Lives Forever?

My wife loved NOFL as did I. I never got the second one so I am on the lookout atm. Can anyone recommend any games that can compare? My wife is feeling gamer's block right now.

I thought maybe Velvet Assassin? I am open to old and new suggestions. Thx.

Edit: Also another game she loved was Sly Cooper (PS2). Any good platformers out there like that?

Acceptable platforms.
Wii, PS3, PC

GregH November 26, 2009 11:09 AM

Sreious Sam?

CMetaphor November 26, 2009 11:09 AM

How about Wet? :biggrin: Looks like a fun game to me. Or Bayonetta, kindof in the vein of a Devil May Cry game but a sexier lead character, lol.

Thund3rball November 26, 2009 11:14 AM

Serious Sam? lol uhhhh not quite what I think she's into lol, thanks for the suggestion though!
Wet maybe too hardcore. NOFL was more Tongue n Cheek and featured a good mix of shooting, sneaking and a couple other things. Not really a graphic violence kind of game.

I was thinking maybe Beyond Good & Evil. I never played it but it seems to kind of fit the mood. What do you all think?

CMetaphor November 26, 2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thund3rball (Post 292733)
Serious Sam? lol uhhhh not quite what I think she's into lol, thanks for the suggestion though!
Wet maybe too hardcore. NOFL was more Tongue n Cheek and featured a good mix of shooting, sneaking and a couple other things. Not really a graphic violence kind of game.

I was thinking maybe Beyond Good & Evil. I never played it but it seems to kind of fit the mood. What do you all think?

Psychonauts? Dreamkiller? Grim Fandango?

ya gotta slowly get her into the serious FPS stuff :biggrin: ... you lucky bastid.

SugarJ November 26, 2009 11:36 AM

I'm thinking Little Big Planet for PS3. Totally not NOFL, but fun platformer all the same.

somecanadianguy November 26, 2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thund3rball (Post 292733)

That's a pretty good game.
I played it on the PS2 when it first came out.

Thund3rball November 26, 2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 292739)
Psychonauts? Dreamkiller? Grim Fandango?

ya gotta slowly get her into the serious FPS stuff :biggrin: ... you lucky bastid.

heh heh... Ya she's awesome. I don't think she'll ever be a hardcore FPS'er though. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarJ (Post 292750)
I'm thinking Little Big Planet for PS3. Totally not NOFL, but fun platformer all the same.

LBP! Yes I will definitely keep that one in mind.

Squeetard November 26, 2009 12:06 PM

Beyond good and eveil is a great choice. My ex was hooked on it. Ratchet and clank for the ps3.

Get the second nolf too. NOLF is one of the greatest games of all time. Surprised it never tops many lists. Love love loved it.

Squeetard November 26, 2009 12:08 PM

Also, Borderlands might get her hooked on the fps's. Great game, plently of loot to 'shop' for and it's about the closest thing to the campy humor of nolf.