Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Priced DLC makes me sick to my stomach, especially outside of the console marketplace. It's unfortunate that the gaming industry continues to shift towards the paradigm of profit first, opposed to an industry that has its roots firmly set in the arts. The gaming industry is following Hollywood's footsteps to a tee.

I remember a time when games consistently exceeded my expectations. Now those days are few and far between.
Old November 13, 2009, 04:40 PM
Banned
F@H

I don't care to pay for extra maps... but not on monthly basis.... add on like they do for the first series of COD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Um have they actually asked gamers if they are willing to pay for extra services that should be added for free? Cause I'm not willing to pay for extra maps, games modes, etc.
Old November 13, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I paid for the COD4 Variety Map Pack and I believe it was 9.99 for 3 maps. I didn't really like the forest one. I bought CoD:WaW for 360 and the Map packs were... $15 I was like "Woah, I was ok paying $10 for CoD4 for the extra maps and now they're jacking up the price?" and never ended up buying the map packs because I'm not supporting that kind of crap. The Devs should make those extra maps free to keep their game fresh after time. BTW Battlefield Bad Company release 4 free conquest maps for FREE on October 30-31. Although all they are is single player maps made for multiplayer, so it's not like they really had to make anything new.
Old November 13, 2009, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This can't be true. My mind can simply not fathom the idiocy this would be.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 13, 2009, 06:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

People will be paying for patches soon enough, oh wait they probably are already. Ah the good old days, you could pay $70-$80 for a game, but it worked and it was complete, no day one patches to make it remotely playable, no extra DLC that should have come with the game to buy after the fact. No monthly fees to play a game. Ah the good old days...
Old November 13, 2009, 07:06 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
People will be paying for patches soon enough, oh wait they probably are already. .....

may be it's what they means by

"Our gamers are telling us there's lots of services and innovation they would like to see "
Old November 13, 2009, 07:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

I will not pay a monthly fee for any game ever, it is against my principles as a pc gamer. Hell for the most part I avoid dlc, only got the dragon age one as I loved the game.

This will bite activision in the end people are stupid but not that stupid
Old November 13, 2009, 10:51 PM
MVP

pay to play is the main reason why I never bothered with WoW, its the same reason I still have a copy of vanguard that I bought for 5 bucks in shrinkwrap, its a main reason why I dont have an Xbox