Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2009, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I thought this was gonna be a repost thread because I thought I read all the BS about this game.. nope! They screwed it up even more somehow..
Old November 8, 2009, 09:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

Has it been mentioned that Impulse, D2D and Gamersgate are all refusing to sell the game, because of the mandatory inclusive of competing software (Steamworks)?

Seriously, this really seems to be turning into an exercise in determining what PC gamer's will put up with to get a blockbuster title.
Old November 8, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Massive EPIC FAIL!!!

-Plato
Old November 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
MVP

I've been chatting back and forth with two of the guys in my CADD class about the BS that IW is pulling...they're both x360 fans
their main defence is...just quit complaining about everything that you've been screwed over about and get the game
or when talking about ded. servers+ mod support/increased price they were like, I don't blame them, because <lame reason a,b,c>
I'm reserving actual judgement until I can get a demo or something into my own hands...
Old November 9, 2009, 06:32 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonxx View Post
I've been chatting back and forth with two of the guys in my CADD class about the BS that IW is pulling...they're both x360 fans
their main defence is...just quit complaining about everything that you've been screwed over about and get the game
or when talking about ded. servers+ mod support/increased price they were like, I don't blame them, because <lame reason a,b,c>
I'm reserving actual judgement until I can get a demo or something into my own hands...

Just pirate the full version of the game... then wait till some hacker will put out a mod that puts all the soldiers in clown suits. THEN we all take screenshots of "clowning around with a game" and send them to Infinity Ward, saying "Great game! Thanks for making us Not feel guilty about ing with your piss-poor console port. You dumb s"
Old November 9, 2009, 06:38 AM
Top Prospect

Back in my day, console ports were the other way around.
Old November 9, 2009, 07:18 AM
MVP
F@H

Hopefully they don't royally f up the console version too much. Looking forward to some 360 multiplayer.

I wouldn't touch this game on the PC with a 10 foot pole.

EVGA 680i SLI Motherboard $80 + Qualitas 73GB 10k SCSI $30
Old November 9, 2009, 07:21 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1mezzo View Post
I wouldn't touch this game on the PC with a 10 foot pole.
Dont touch it period. You buy it on console and you're doing Exactly what they want you to do: Drive down PC sales and make them justify even more shitty console ports in the future, or no PC versions at all.

And FPS on a console will NEVER compare to one on a PC. Ever.
Old November 9, 2009, 09:16 AM
MVP

CM...I am very possibly going to get a less than legal copy of the game...it'll be the first new game (the few I do have less than legal copies of are all >4 years old and out of print)...and TBH...I WONT feel bad about it
Old November 9, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow this is getting to be funny. Luckily there are hundreds of shooters for PC and still a lot of them are fun to play. Can't get me away from CS:S. BF:BC looks promising save your money for that.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."