Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Modern Warfare 2 - HWC Benchmark or Not? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/25256-modern-warfare-2-hwc-benchmark-not.html)

Surfer_2099 November 6, 2009 11:54 AM

Modern Warfare 2 - HWC Benchmark or Not?

Hey all.

As more and more news is released about the upcoming game Modern Warfare 2, more and more evidence is being brought to light that the PC Game aspect of this title is really simply an afterthought. Now, I will not pass judgement on whether people should or should not buy the game, but after reading a few posts by SKYMTL, particularly the one quoted below, I thought it would we could give our friend SKYMTL a hand in finalizing his decision. So, what better way than to have a little referendum.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 283657)
This was one article I didn't skim though since I am still sitting on the fence about whether to put MW2 in the GPU reviews. Unfortunately, that kind of inclusion means free advertising for a game that basically rubs its nutsack in PC gamers' faces.

I am not calling for a boycott of the game for personal use (either on console or PC), people are free to buy and play whatever they want. I just feel that, considering the age of the engine and more specifically the treatment this title is receiving from the developpers in respects to the PC version of the game, Hardware Canucks should not legitimize this game by including it in official benches.

+1 against inclusion_Canuck :dots:

SKYMTL November 6, 2009 11:56 AM

Vote with your heads and not with your hearts. :thumb:

As for this poll, I will require a HUGE landslide win one way or another to really sway me one way or another.

CMetaphor November 6, 2009 11:57 AM

Voted :thumb:. No-brainer IMO.

Jake_HT November 6, 2009 11:59 AM

Easy poll! :thumb:

SKYMTL November 6, 2009 12:10 PM

FYI, I modified the original post so the poll doesn't start off on too negative of a footing.

SKYMTL November 6, 2009 12:17 PM

Oh, and the poll would also need 75+ votes for it to be valid in my opinion. ;)

Thund3rball November 6, 2009 12:47 PM

Who voted yes? lol

SKYMTL November 6, 2009 02:21 PM

I think the "yes" votes have a valid point as well. Nothing to laugh at.

Partially, these charts are to make sure people who are buying hardware and games know how well said hardware will play the games they want. No matter what we say, MW2 WILL be popular.....

RedLight November 6, 2009 04:34 PM

obviously with newer games and most talked about should be a "yes" (Even thought there are a lot of negative reviews)

FiXT November 6, 2009 05:06 PM

I think FiXT should be provided with a copy to include this in our video reviews as well :whistle:

As a benchmark for uhhh... case temperature testing... ya great way to put load on the system :bleh:

Seriously though if those SOB's think they can get away with the highway robbery of the price and lack of features and shoving stuff down peoples throat - I for one sure as hell won't be buying it until I have confirmed that it is in fact worth the price by play testing first :dots:

And if it really turns out to be sh!t I'll have no problems continuing my free trial with a "No Sh1t Added" edition :blarg:

EDIT: BTW check this out for the truly ridiculous shaft PC gamers are getting: PC Modern Warfare 2: it's much worse than you thought - Ars Technica

Here's my favorite quote:
Quote:

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

This is the amount of work that went into the PC version: you are given the ability to use a mouse, to use text chat, and to adjust graphical settings. Are your fears now put to rest?