Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2009, 09:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Good news for PC gamers!

I almost shed a tear. For the first time in years a company stands up for us PC gamers and does the right thing

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Battlefield ... -4959.html

I hope others follow in their footsteps, as PC gamers have got the short end of the stick of many games (*cough* Infinity ward). Sure some of us pirate games, but we buy $1000 plus rigs, we have LAN's and play these games all the time, and we are the ones most obsessed with the games! Yeah, kinda a assumption but it's mostly the truth! We're the high end users, we should get more not less

3 cheers for DICE!
Old October 28, 2009, 09:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good thing DICE doesn't have their heads shoved up Microsoft's and Sony's ass. Yay for PC gaming!
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 28, 2009, 09:39 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yay Dice, you just became my favourite developer:) Everything is very TRUE lazy console gamers all they gotta do is press download for patches and DLC and can judt press join match. We have to actually find matches:D Hey IW you reading this. I think i'll cancel my preorder and get badcompany instead.
Old October 28, 2009, 09:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thats good to see. Without pc gamers they would have never gotten off the ground. Thanks dice for remembering us.
Old October 28, 2009, 10:24 PM
MVP

My System Specs

long live pc gaming
Old October 28, 2009, 10:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

SICK!!!!!!
Old October 29, 2009, 05:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I have no idea what the game is really because I never played Bad Company, but just for that article, I am going to buy it when it is released... even if I never play it!

Cheers!
Supportive_Canuck :)
Old October 29, 2009, 02:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Do we also get a ton of patches to fix all the bugs? The Battlefield series doesn't have the best track record IMO.

Though I've been waiting for a sequel of sorts since BF2142. And waiting. And waiting.
Old October 29, 2009, 03:01 PM
Allstar

I think PC gaming has a lot of perks already. User made content for most games more than makes up for any crap we take.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old October 29, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

News for you, Activision and many other developers don't care. Consoles are where the sales are at. Here's some quotes regarding the MW2 dedicated server debacle. PC gets lip service. It's a sad truth. :(

Quote:
The concerns seem valid, despite what many people seemed to think when complaints started to surface last week. Even Jerry Holkins of Penny Arcade jumped on the bandwagon, naysaying the complaints as little more than pointless sound and fury from a community that is no longer a key audience.

"To read such lamentations, you'd get the impression that PC gamers still think they are the focus of the industry, when that hasn't been true for awhile," he wrote in a recent post. "Indeed, hardcore gamers in general—and the dedicated PC enthusiast, which is a subset—haven't been the object of their desire for some time."

Wilks, of course, disagrees. "No, I don't think [Holkins' opinion] is true," he said. "PC gamers know that they are the minority (15 percent in Call of Duty 4). PC Gamers haven't been primary audiences for a long time for most publishers or developers, although some still do develop only on PC."
Modern Warfare 2: the case for the dedicated server - Ars Technica

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE