Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2009, 03:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
I think PC gaming has a lot of perks already. User made content for most games more than makes up for any crap we take.
Ya mods have changed and done so much. We wouldn't have Battlefield 2 if it wasn't for the Desert Combat mod of BF1942.

I think Dice and EA have been ignoring us for awhile. We have been waiting a very long time for a new BF and the next BF for PC still is not going to be as great because they are taking away 64 players and bringing it down to half that.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 29, 2009, 04:03 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Do we also get a ton of patches to fix all the bugs? The Battlefield series doesn't have the best track record IMO.

Though I've been waiting for a sequel of sorts since BF2142. And waiting. And waiting.
I'm still playing BF1942 Every time I get sick of it, we find a new mod that gives it new life.

It's funny how many companies that exist because of PC gaming have given us a for the almighty quick buck.
Old October 29, 2009, 06:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I think Dice and EA have been ignoring us for awhile. We have been waiting a very long time for a new BF and the next BF for PC still is not going to be as great because they are taking away 64 players and bringing it down to half that.
Really? That sucks, it was the main thing I liked. I love 64 player games, makes it more active. You don't spend 5min running to a flag to shoot 1 person, or get shot, rather wherever you go there's typically somebody else there too.

32 isn't terrible though, but I typically only played on 64 player servers.
Old October 29, 2009, 06:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Wilks, of course, disagrees. "No, I don't think [Holkins' opinion] is true," he said. "PC gamers know that they are the minority (15 percent in Call of Duty 4). PC Gamers haven't been primary audiences for a long time for most publishers or developers, although some still do develop only on PC."
Well, I'd like to see how well any company does with a 15% drop in sales on their next title.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have nothing against Consoles (except the Wii maybe). They have their place in my books. However, when it comes to RTS and RPG and FPS, I'll take a well done PC title over a Console title any day. I don't even mind Console ports if they are well adapted for PC and simply not swapped over. Mass Effect is an excellent example of a game that was, in my opinion, far superior on the PC than it was on Console.

If a company is willing to do that for a Console/PC game, then I'll support them. But if it's just a "Let's code this a bit so it runs on PC to see if we can grab another 15% sales increase" approach like MW2 seems to be aiming at, then screw it. I can live without MW2 if I find, after looking at it, that I am not satisfied with the matching and interface of the game.

Simple as that.

Cheers!
PC_Gamer_Canuck :)
Old November 1, 2009, 08:23 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
but we buy $1000 plus rigs, we have LAN's and play these games all the time, and we are the ones most obsessed with the games! Yeah, kinda a assumption but it's mostly the truth! We're the high end users, we should get more not less !
I dont agree with this at all. It doesnt matter what you pay for your Rig, you pay the same for the game, thus Pc gamers dont really deserve anything extra. The developer doesnt care what you play on as long as they get their $60 for the game. Spending a fortune on the Rig is our choice, they dont force us to pay as much as we do. We could buy a $600 PC and still play the games. Its like you buy a Blu-ray player, but you only buy dvds. Why do you think you deserve bluray quality when you only pay for a dvd?

I would love to see the companies ship out a bunch of games that even on the highest-end PC can only play at 1280x720 and 30fps with no AA. Then maybe you'll see that you already get more and shouldn't really complain. PC gamers can get 10x better graphics, modding tools, Dedicated servers (for the most part), all for the same price as console gamers pay. until they start charging more for the PC version, you have nothing to complain about......
Old November 1, 2009, 08:38 AM
Banned
F@H

Funny the game I like most, is for PC only.... I'm talking about S.T.A.L.K.E.R and even if the new one will be available also for the 360, it will be after the release of the PC one

" GSC Game World has said there will be no console adaptation of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. before the PC sequel Call of Pripyat has been released."

Stalker is a real PC game, may the only one of the kind, you can mod it as you want. You have even few versions with a complete different story, made by enthusiast , doing it for free, Just thing at Artispavel, member here who have pass thousands of hours to release a modÖ no need to pirate it itís free

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
I almost shed a tear. For the first time in years a company stands up for us PC gamers and does the right thing
!