Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Borderlands (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/24836-borderlands.html)

Thund3rball October 26, 2009 03:14 PM

Borderlands

OK so it's finally out. Anyone playing yet? Can't wait to get home and get into this tonight. I still can't decide which class to go with, so I am checking out skill trees. Here's some build ideas, of course these can change in game as it might be smart to go with an early/mid/late game build strategy swapping some skills out later on.

Roland (Soldier)
A build really focusing on the Turret. Reducing cooldown, regenerating ammo and health, and a little bit of a boost on assault rifles for shooting guys in the face. :)
Borderlands: Skill Tree

Mordecai (Hunter)
This build is all about sniping with a bit of support from the Bloodwing and an added boost in melee for the odd baddie that gets to close.

Lilith (Siren)
This build is all about the Elemental Weapons damage. Of course you would need one or maybe two sweet elemental weapons worth drooling over for this kind of build. I added a bit of electroshock and reduced cooldown for Phasewalking.

Brick (Berserker)
This build just reinforces what this character is all about. Rocket Launchers and beating the crap outta things that aren't destroyed by rocket launchers.

More build ideas coming....
Anyone else?

Surfer_2099 October 26, 2009 03:35 PM

Hey there!

I am really up in the air about this game. It looks slick and I like the graphics direction. I also like the gameplay idea too and I really like the "randomness" of weapons and their attributes. I also like the looks of the soldier class.

But I've read that it's got a very "console ported" feel to it, there are mic issues with the com in respects to volume and innability to turn off mics, and apparently there is a "dupe" bug (like the potions bug in Diablo).

All that said, I'd like to hear your impressions on it (and anyone elses for that matter) before I make a decision to jump in or not.

Cheers!
Tentative_Canuck :)

Jackquelegs October 26, 2009 04:03 PM

I bought it yesterday with a bunch of friends. Not really into the whole RPG thing, but just bought it to play with friends.

Preloaded last night, and it's carnage time tonight.

I think I'll hit up Berserker or Siren, seems like the most fun classes

CMetaphor October 26, 2009 04:07 PM

"The game is currently unavailable. Please try again later"
:censored:

Why did I pre-load the damn game if i can't play it when it comes out? I should've gone to the store to get it, Bah!

Thund3rball October 26, 2009 04:09 PM

That error is all over Steam. Try closing and re-opening steam. It may take a number of tries.

Edit: Some other things to try if restarting steam doesn't work.
  • Reboot
  • In Steam right click on Borderlands and "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"
  • Keep restarting steam (seems to be the most excepted of fixes)

encorp October 26, 2009 05:35 PM

Yeah I'm currently installing mine :)

weeeeee

headsh0t October 26, 2009 05:38 PM

I also got that Error message. I fixed it by going to offline mode and then let steam decrypt the file. Works fine after that. I chose the Soldier class because, Assault Rifles and Shotguns FTW.

Skyllz October 26, 2009 05:40 PM

Been playing since last night... :ph34r:

I had played a couple hours on Xbox360 and the PC version fixed 2 issues I had.

An FPS is much easier to aim with a mouse.

No graphics slow down what so ever.

I'm having lots of fun now.

Thund3rball October 26, 2009 06:38 PM

Bah I see what people mean about the Steam version. I'm decrypting... again. I could have installed this by now if they gave it to me on CDs lol.

encorp October 26, 2009 06:41 PM

Yeah I'm only at 50% installed.....drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr