Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just got my first Alien sniper rifle, level 19. Pretty neat looking, but not very practical at level 26 sadly.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 28, 2009, 09:02 PM
Allstar

Nice, thought there was a kind of "steam" version that allowed steam users to play only. Well after i finish the big university work in a week i'll be there!

Old October 28, 2009, 11:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Started a 2nd game on my laptop as a Siren. I had to lower the settings a bit but it runs very nicely at 1280x800. I notice some screen flashes now and then. Not sure why? I kind of miss sniping but I have an elemental pistol and leveled up my elemental-ism. Seems to be doing quite well against anything so far. I'm at lvl 9 now. I also like her Phasewalk power, certainly comes in handy when you get overwhelmed and need to reload.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 29, 2009, 04:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Killed SkagZilla a dozen times last night, I found a spot to snipe him where he just stays there. Kill, Grab loot, save, exit game, reload and repeat. Went from 20 to 25 in about 30 minutes. Should give me a lttle edge for the next few missions.
Old October 29, 2009, 05:21 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Tried some soldier-ing last night. Brought him to Level 12 in not too long. Having a good deal of fun filling him up with Scorpio enhancements. Im particularly interesting in one of the higher level "Infantry" skills, forgot the name, but with each hit on an enemy it helps to cool down the scorpio . Should be good fun in the coming levels. Im getting torn now... should i just stick with my sniper to continue/finish the game? split my time? Bah... this game is going to completely replace mass effect for me... have to play it through with different variations of characters over and over...
Old October 29, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If any of you are having trouble with LAN play just make sure other networks are disabled. I had to manually disable the VMware networks on my machine because it kept looking for and trying to host a game on that network, which means, of course, that anyone on the LAN is not EVER going to find it.

Took me WAY too long to figure that one out.....

Especially, by fluke, it used the correct network the first time, which REALLY ate up my time....

"Whaaa? It worked before? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON NOW?!!?!"
Old October 29, 2009, 12:52 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I want to try an online co-op tonight, lpfan4ever mentioned that you need to open specific ports on your router to do so? Anyone else seen this and know which ports and which protocol (tcp/udp/both) is required for this? Thanks!
Old October 29, 2009, 03:19 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
I want to try an online co-op tonight, lpfan4ever mentioned that you need to open specific ports on your router to do so? Anyone else seen this and know which ports and which protocol (tcp/udp/both) is required for this? Thanks!
Here are the ports you need:
7777 (TCP/UDP)
28900 (TCP)
27900 (UDP)
28910 (TCP)
Old October 29, 2009, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I haven't had this happen to me but apparently there is a bug in the PC version that can cause you to lose your character save data. A Gearbox forum member created a .bat you can run that automatically creates a backup of your saves when you launch Borderlands using the .bat. Might be a good idea!

i made a short batch file to backup save + launch game for each session - Gearbox Software Community

Edit: Found some great tweaks here as well. I totally need to kill the crouch toggle, never liked crouch toggles. >: Some other gems in there as well.

Borderlands PC Tweaks - Gearbox Software Community

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 29, 2009, 06:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I am still undecided on this title...

Is it as Consol"ie" as it sounds. I've read that the menus and the feel gives you the impression you really should be using a gamepad. Which brings me to my 2nd question. Can you use a gamepad for this game since it's just a Console port?

Cheers!
Curious_Canuck :)