Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
Banned
F@H

I means only the game save file to put on a stick , not all the game. I will try first with Stalker tonight ( since I know I can change the path of the save game ) and if it's not slower I will try to see if you can change the path of few Steam game, all true I do not have Boderland yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
I was just going to copy my game save file(s) to a USB drive, not the whole game itself. Theoretcially if you have the hard copy (non Steam version) I would think you could run the game from a stick. You might need a "No CD" patch or something if the game requires the disc to run and you don't want to drag it around with you.
Old October 28, 2009, 11:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ahhh I see what you mean. Well I haven't looked at any of the goodies under the hood of this game. There is no menu item for changing your save location but there might be something in an .ini file? Not really sure. I was just going to be old skool and move my file(s) when I'm done playing or want to go from one machine to the other. Ya I'm really hi-tech I know lol.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 28, 2009, 05:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

for anyone who wants a 4pack, i know Death Hawk on ncix gaming channel on steam had a few of his copies he could sell you. He bought a 4 pack in the hopes of getting rid of the rest of the copies to people who wanted them. Last i knew he had 2 copies left.
Old October 28, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone down for some co-op?? I think Im stuck at the boss in the mine. I'll be on steam :)
Old October 28, 2009, 06:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Anyone down for some co-op?? I think Im stuck at the boss in the mine. I'll be on steam :)
:(

I want borderlands :(
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 28, 2009, 06:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Buy and then you'll have it lol
Old October 28, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Buy and then you'll have it lol
I want cheap borderlands
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 28, 2009, 06:59 PM
Allstar

If i didn't buy it on steam, that means i can't play with most of you here, right?

Old October 28, 2009, 08:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

no, it doesnt matter where you buy it, all copys of pc borderlands work together, it runs off of a gamespy account for mp
Old October 28, 2009, 08:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
If i didn't buy it on steam, that means i can't play with most of you here, right?
You should be able to play. I think anyone with any version of the game can play with anyone else. Also, you do not need to buy any games to set up a Steam account. (Or a Gamespy account.)

I installed the game on my Win7 machine. It did not work on Monday so I copied all the files to an XP install on a separate drive. When the problem fixed itself I copied the saved games back to my Win7 drive. No problems at all; steam is pretty robust in that way. If you want to back up your saved games just save the "Borderlands" folder it creates in "My Games". It is tiny; four saved games is only 330k.

I would not mind if Steam stored saved games in the cloud but I want local copies, too. I want to be able to play off line and after Steam is defunct.

Wow... I just spent a couple hours collecting crystals in some cave. Went in as lvl 14 and came out lvl 17 and the XP for turning in the quest got me near 18. It was insane! There was Bad boss after Bad boss after Bad boss. I got a SMG with a crazy fast speed. Pretty much anything you point it at dies but it is still pretty balanced because it eats ammo so fast you will run vary quickly out if you are not careful.

Yeah, I would not pawn anything to buy it but it is worth the dosh so far.