Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27, 2009, 04:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Anyone else diggin the music in this game? The background tunes are pretty vegeable which suits me fine for grinding and the action music is decent too. Here's the song from the opening scene with the bus running over the Skag.

YouTube - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE

Last edited by Thund3rball; October 27, 2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old October 27, 2009, 04:39 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekOldschool View Post
holy cow!

I can't find a hard copy of this game anywhere!

Checked EB Games and BestBuy near my work in Burlington - no dice Called a different EB Games yesterday and the guy said Oct 28th for PC - I'll call that one tomorrow again and am going to check Walmart after work

any other suggestions - yes I know about Steam but I don't have a credit card or pay pal account.

Derek
Found today (in Montreal though) Future shop/Best buy didn't have it. When to Game Buzz (awesome video game store downtown) and had it. I guess you'll just have to wait...

Old October 27, 2009, 06:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just killed Sledge, was very easy with the right weapon to kill his shields then unload on him with everything but the kitchen sink.

He gives an AWESOME shotgun too!!!!

I love this game so far.
Old October 27, 2009, 10:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When I heard the opening song, I already knew the game would be awesome. I love it when game developers put good music in their games.
Also, I'm halfway through level 22 and I'm still using Sledge's shotgun. Amazing piece of weaponry so far. Only thing I can use better than it is my 9 shot, 275 damage, ~98% accuracy 1.4 fire rate sniper rifle. Love that friggin thing, 1000+ damage on crits.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 27, 2009, 10:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
When I heard the opening song, I already knew the game would be awesome. I love it when game developers put good music in their games.
Also, I'm halfway through level 22 and I'm still using Sledge's shotgun. Amazing piece of weaponry so far. Only thing I can use better than it is my 9 shot, 275 damage, ~98% accuracy 1.4 fire rate sniper rifle. Love that friggin thing, 1000+ damage on crits.
Drools! Now that's a sniper gun. Wheee!
Man I was out all night no time to play today at all. :(

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 28, 2009, 12:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm playing a sniper, roommate ended up being a sniper too... everyone is a sniper, heh
Old October 28, 2009, 03:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I'm playing a sniper, roommate ended up being a sniper too... everyone is a sniper, heh
Soldier here. I love my turret buddy with extra health/ammo regeneration and extra shots fired. Keeps mobs busy while I blow the rest up.
Old October 28, 2009, 05:24 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllz View Post
Just killed Sledge, was very easy with the right weapon to kill his shields then unload on him with everything but the kitchen sink.

He gives an AWESOME shotgun too!!!!

I love this game so far.
Was talking to lpfan4ever on steam about this yesterday. I found the best gun I had to use on him was a "glorious Assault rifle" that does 57 per shot, 80-something accuracy and a 61 bullet magazine. Was basically backpedaling away from him and unloading into his chest (since lpfan4ever aptly mentioned that his head is covered in freaking STEEL, lol). Worked well for me.

Im thinking about starting other characters off as well, and trying to get them all to the ~ level 20 area. I really want to try out the other characters now too, for the bonuses and abilities they have.
Old October 28, 2009, 06:09 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Was talking to lpfan4ever on steam about this yesterday. I found the best gun I had to use on him was a "glorious Assault rifle" that does 57 per shot, 80-something accuracy and a 61 bullet magazine. Was basically backpedaling away from him and unloading into his chest (since lpfan4ever aptly mentioned that his head is covered in freaking STEEL, lol). Worked well for me.

Im thinking about starting other characters off as well, and trying to get them all to the ~ level 20 area. I really want to try out the other characters now too, for the bonuses and abilities they have.
I used a "shock" add-on artifact on my turret, dropped it and used a high damage but slow shock rifle I had, that dropped all his shields in 2 seconds, then switched to my S&S something Assault Riffle with 95 accuracy/54 damage and +- 100 mag and unloaded while backing up. It made a short order of him. I'm also specced heavily into assault rifles(lvl 8 or 9).

Now that I got my soldier lvl 20, I may try another caracter too for some off-play but I definitly want to keep going with the story.
Old October 28, 2009, 06:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Damn guy...I'm sooo tempted to buy the game!

Do steam still offer 4 game package?

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware