Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14, 2011, 07:27 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
What resolution? I maxed Borderlands with a Radeon 4870 512 MB at 1680x1050 so your 6850 should be able to do the same. Heck with my GTX 550Ti I play Borderlands while folding and it's fine. (did I miss a setting in my quick run through the graphics settings to max everything?)
1366x768. Still using my very decent but kinda small (18.5") eMachines E181HV. Don't laugh at me
Old August 14, 2011, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Then you'll be fine maxing the game .

You can even try poking the following config file to access hidden graphics options (although I don't notice a difference):
\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config\WillowEngine.i ni under [SystemSettings]

There's options for DX10 and AA, although it may or may not work.
Old August 14, 2011, 02:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
Then you'll be fine maxing the game .

You can even try poking the following config file to access hidden graphics options (although I don't notice a difference):
\Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config\WillowEngine.i ni under [SystemSettings]

There's options for DX10 and AA, although it may or may not work.
All right, thanks. I'll go home and do it
Old August 15, 2011, 04:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well we beat the initial campaign last night. My fiance had a little what the f moment when we killed the final boss (which was relatively easy seeing as we were 3-4 levels above "him") and the credits rolled. She wanted to know why we didn't get the loot that dropped, had to tell her to be patient and see that its there after the credits.

Now we're going to play the 4 DLCs I have for it, any suggestion in the order we should go even though they are all non-linear to each other?
Old August 15, 2011, 05:13 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

They are all isolated from each other, but I would recommend avoiding Mad Moxxie's Underdome, since you don't level up from that and I believe the only thing that you could get is a storage deck upgrade. The battles from what I've played don't provide XP, so it would just be the collected weapons from each fight.

The other three are great, no complaints here.
Old August 15, 2011, 05:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Doesn't really matter about getting xp and such, would just be to get the full mileage out of the game and all the DLCs I already own
Old August 15, 2011, 06:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Having played through them myself, plot-wise you should do Clap Trap (DLC4) AFTER Zombie (DLC1) and Knoxx (DLC3), because the final DLC makes reference to the preceding ones. I didn't see much of a link between DLC1-3, so those can be played in any order.
I did most of the DLC in playthrough 2.5 mode, but from what I saw, DLC3 and 4 had better loot than DLC1 if that matters. However I don't get much luck with drops so a lot of my equipment comes from the "limited time offer" box in the vending machines :P
Old August 15, 2011, 06:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Near the end of the game it seemed we were having damn near everything high quality drop for us. I'm not sure if the soldier has some talent skills that cause this to happen or we were just getting really lucky. We were constantly getting blue items dropping, even several epic weapons dropped as well (wish i remembered the name of the epic sniper rifle i have that shoots out fire with a x4 multiplier on it).

What about DLC2? Should we play it through on play through 1, or start play through 2 and then start up the DLC?
Old August 15, 2011, 06:40 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ahh, it seems you found a Volcano? I've been using them almost exclusively since around level 15 (I happened to stumble across one in a vending machine, and used it all the way up to around level 40 before I found another one to replace it). My current one does 931 damage with the x4 fire effect.

Pele demands a sacrifice!
Old August 16, 2011, 04:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm, started second play through and to our surprise DLC1 mob levels started at level 42, we're only 37! Looks like we have to do some leveling up in the second play through before we can enjoy this stuff, kinda bummer.