Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2010, 06:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I've just come back from holidays and got right back into Borderlands. I'm at level 27 Siren but would like to try another character...just for fun. Can anyone suggest which would be the most fun with the best weapons. Personally I love snipers and shotguns. Take 'em out "from a distance or up close and personal". Any suggestion?
Old September 3, 2010, 11:06 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I play on XBL, for snipers.. best would be the hunter class, as the class mods are more geared towards that. I use a Siren and am at level 58. I did pick up the Specter class mod from General Knoxx expansion which is totally where its at btw. (esp in playthrough 2).
Old September 3, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

I found Roland to be phenomenal with shotguns and up close combat if built right.

It was the way I played and half way through the game I could take own a lot of guys in 1 or 2 shot.
Old September 3, 2010, 02:36 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I found Roland to be phenomenal with shotguns and up close combat if built right.

It was the way I played and half way through the game I could take own a lot of guys in 1 or 2 shot.
Roland pretty much does anything well, which is a bit funny because at the character selection scene, he appears the most unremarkable of the four. With a nice Dahl Shotgun and Machine gun, you're laughin'.
Old September 3, 2010, 03:18 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
The high level ones are supposed to give me sniper rifle ammo regen (which i would kill for) but I can never find it.
I have two Specter mods with ammo regeneration. One of them is lower-level (from my first playthrough with my Siren character IIRC). I don't know if I want to get rid of them though.
Old September 3, 2010, 03:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post

Roland + Sledge's Shotgun = WIN!!!

Sledge's Shotgun - Borderlands Wiki - Walkthroughs, Weapons, Classes, Character builds, Enemies, DLC and more!

Tons of fun even at level 50 with that damn gun.
Old September 8, 2010, 11:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

robot revolution is adding 8 more levels and more backpack storage deck upgrades.
Old September 8, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

They are also raising the cap through a patch to 69. This cap rise is independent of the DLC. So everyone who owns the original will have a cap of 69.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 8, 2010, 01:07 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
They are also raising the cap through a patch to 69. This cap rise is independent of the DLC. So everyone who owns the original will have a cap of 69.
And they are rebalancing the entire game for the new level cap, so enemies will go up to 69 instead of being limited to 50.
Old September 9, 2010, 06:57 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

people without any DLC will have a raise to 58.. to get to 69 you need the general knox dlc.