Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
MVP

Default Starcraft 2 - Battle Report 4

It's time again for the next Battle Report

Yeon-Ho Lee (P) vs David Kim (T)

StarCraft II

I haven't watched it yet, so I'll hold my commenting till later.
Old October 21, 2009, 01:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

This is getting pathetic. They have a finished game from what I can tell and are not releasing it why? I'm not a real starcraft fan, too much micro, but there are now so many reasons why I am not even going to give this game a chance. First the LAN or rather the lack of, second this continuous taunting of the game through these battle reports, third the cutting the game into three parts (this would have to be a single player of epic scale and that has yet to be seen), fourth its blizzard and they just piss me off. There are more but thats the gist of it

So can any tell me why they still havent released it, yet are basically having tournaments of it.
Old October 21, 2009, 01:35 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Yaaaaaaaawn.

Nothing different. He with the biggest horde wins.

Yaaaaaawn.
Old October 21, 2009, 01:41 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Lack of LAN = i understand why they did it but i dont really agree in there being no way to have an offline Lanparty... but how often do those happen nowadays anyways? Not very often if you ask me (at least i cant even get one started). So nerf'ing this feature doesn't affect me all that much.

This "Taunting" of the game is actually what every company does for testing in-house. The fact that theyre publishing these is a favor to the fans that are waiting for the title to be released, not an indicator of a finished product.

Cutting the game into three parts isnt that bad an idea. For the hardcore multiplayers, they can pick up just the first game to play online (which is good). For the hardcore singleplayer lovers, theyre making each singleplayer campaign about 30+ levels (which is a hell of a lot) because they want a Full story for each campaign. The problem with wanting those full stories is that altogether thats over 90 levels of singleplayer... far too much to be released soon. So, instead, they release each campaign separately. I highly doubt the additional singleplayer campaigns will cost as much as the first game, but that remains to be seen. If the price isnt high, then i see nothing wrong with releasing a huge game a little bit at a time.
Old October 21, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

are they serious, 12 years for a face lift?

onces again overpowered protoss units.

blizzard
Old October 21, 2009, 03:19 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Cutting the game into 3 parts... That worked well for Valve... they still haven't completed what was supposed to be one game with a few months between parts and it's been over 3 years. I'm still waiting for episode 3 to be released so I can play through the whole damn thing at once.

Last edited by Dr_BenD_over; October 21, 2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old October 21, 2009, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Cutting the game into 3 parts... That worked well for Valve... they still haven't completed what was supposed to be one game with a few months between parts and it's been over 3 years. I'm still waiting for episode 3 to be released so I can play thtough the whole damn thing at once.
ditto, ditto, and DITTO!

Valve needs to get off their asses and finish this thing!

Old October 22, 2009, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They're obviously just working on the single player campaign (which is going to be epic) cause it looks like they've got all the units done and semi-balanced. Although even Starcraft 1 wasn't balanced until one of the later patches. Apparantly Battle.net is holding it all up too. And yes I never understood why people cared that it's coming in 3 different campaigns instead of one. Just means we'll get the game faster and they get more time to work on the rest of the campaign, as well as more units/maps, etc. The one thing that pissed me off was that they will be charging for "Premium" add-on maps. They used to release new maps every week FOR FREE with Starcraft 1. I even heard some of the Premium maps will be user-made, so Blizzard will even make money off of other people's work. I'd like to think that that was an Activision exec's decision....
Old October 22, 2009, 02:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

F**k Stracraft..I want D3

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old October 22, 2009, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

F**k D3... I want Ep 3! lol

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE