My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
F**k D3... I want Ep 3! lol
QFT....lmao.
Old October 22, 2009, 08:35 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I used to be pretty good at Starcraft before Broodwar was released. I never seemed to get a handle on the Dark Templar and how to counter them effectively as a Terran. That said, this is the first real gameplay video I have watched and I have to say, there is some stuff in that video that I saw that I really really liked.

The pacing felt a bit more like Dawn of War from a skirmish standpoint so that will be a pretty big challenge for your typical Terran Turtle to keep up with.

- I liked how the high ground can be used more effectively and how there is a need to view high ground from above in order to attack from below.
- I liked the mix of units and how, it seemed (at least from that video) that spamming a certain unit won't be as effective as before.
- I liked the strategic points, the uber-mineral and gas deposits.
- I also felt the graphics weren't as hard to see as I thought they would. I was afraid it would actually be too richly drawn to see properly.

- I did not like the "Heal on the fly" effect of the Medivac Ship.
- I did not like the Tank Micro "grab and drop and grab and drop" technique. That should have a cooldown.
- I did not like the apparent power of the psy-storm because I have always felt that the area of effect powers were too powerful conisdering that the game naturally bunches up units even if you micro them.

Overall, I don't know if I will be able to be competitive in online play in this version, but I loved the first game so much that I look forward to playing the OC (even if it's done in 3 parts.)

Cheers!
Still_Waiting_For_D3_Canuck :)
Old October 23, 2009, 04:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
F**k D3... I want Ep 3! lol
I want both!! but.. talk to Valve for Ep.3 !!!

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old October 23, 2009, 06:41 AM
Allstar

Other news : Starcraft 2 has been released in Korea two years ago to make sure they keep owning with Blizzard games. They have filled stadiums of young koreans laughing at the world for not playing SC2.

Old October 23, 2009, 07:41 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Yikes!

Well, if that is more or less true, then I suspect I will be getting my clock cleaned pretty regularly by the boys (or girls) from overseas! Anyone have any ideas on how the matchmaking system with work for SC2? Anyone seen the filters or settings?

Also, I know there will be some "return maps" from SC1, but I hope to heck that there will be a way of playing without having to memorize maps. It would be kind of cool to have a random map generator for online play. THAT would really mix things up.

Cheers!
KamSamNiDa_Canuck :)