Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17, 2009, 04:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Angry Petition against Modern Warfare 2 for PC

As many know, infinity ward is cutting out everything us PC gamers love about online pc gaming in their new game Modern Warfare 2.

(read here: New Modern Warfare Matchmaking Service Will "Definitely" Reshape PC Community - Infinity Ward - Kotaku Since this has surfaced today there has been hundreds of hate mail, forum posts, and petitions circulating Infinity ward's email box and forums. I urge you to sign the main petition even if you aren't a PC gamers because this is one of the biggest upcoming titles, and if they do this other companies may follow and PC gaming will be destroyed.

Sign Here:

Infinity Ward

You will need to register on the forums first to be able to see this topic. Please take your time to register, I myself didn't have an account and registered as soon as I heard this.

:rtfm:

Last edited by Polygon; October 17, 2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old October 17, 2009, 05:28 PM
MVP

My System Specs

omfg sign it people now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol this sucks.
Old October 17, 2009, 05:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
As many know, infinity ward is cutting out everything us PC gamers love about online pc gaming in their new game Modern Warfare 2.

(read here: New Modern Warfare Matchmaking Service Will "Definitely" Reshape PC Community - Infinity Ward - Kotaku Since this has surfaced today there has been hundreds of hate mail, forum posts, and petitions circulating Infinity ward's email box and forums. I urge you to sign the main petition even if you aren't a PC gamers because this is one of the biggest upcoming titles, and if they do this other companies may follow and PC gaming will be destroyed.

Sign Here:

Infinity Ward

You will need to register on the forums first to be able to see this topic. Please take your time to register, I myself didn't have an account and registered as soon as I heard this.

:rtfm:
The biggest impact will be the lost sales. Most Multiplayer clans will stick with MW1 of COD5 instead of buying this game.
Old October 17, 2009, 05:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

:censo red: :censo red:

GOD DAMN IT!!! I ACTUALLY STILL HAD SOME HOPE LEFT!!!!
Old October 17, 2009, 05:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGardiner View Post
The biggest impact will be the lost sales. Most Multiplayer clans will stick with MW1 of COD5 instead of buying this game.

Yup, I'm in a clan and we arrange clan LAN's and we also go to community LAN's. COD 4 & 5 are popular games we play and now we're all boycotting Infinity Ward because there's no point anymore. We were all very excited for renting our first game servers for modern warfare 2 - it was how we were planning on getting our name out more. Now all those dreams are crushed.

There forums were flooded with spam and all sorts of harrasment, my friend says they turned off the servers to clean up the forums. So There's like 10 posts per second on this stuff today, they also took down there contact page because people were phoning them and yelling at them. My friend got banned for saying infinity ward sucks and stuff, this is bull. There is now like 90% of the gaming community boycotting IW... they deserve it.
Old October 17, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

lol, IW is getting all "shut up, no it's awesome! Really!" because people don't like it. They think banning will help. What a bunch of dipshits.
Old October 17, 2009, 07:00 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Congrats IW for taking away the last reason anyone would actually want to buy this game.
Old October 17, 2009, 07:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

*edit*

Last edited by Polygon; October 18, 2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old October 17, 2009, 07:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow..........
Old October 17, 2009, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

This has anti-piracy written through and through, and PC gaming as a whole has brought it on themselves.

Just look at what's happening now. A bunch of giant threads full of angry people saying that they're going to pirate this game "in revenge". Gosh, how lucky for them - they get to protest and they get a free game to boot! They're the digital equivalent of the people who loot stores in the middle of a civic protest.