Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2009, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You cannot cross platform an FPS. You just can't do it.

They still plan to have clan servers and mod servers; eventually; at some point; but they will only be accessible through IWNet.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 19, 2009, 01:07 PM
Allstar

From what Rob Bowling said the only way to customize is to make a Private server and change what they allow you to change/configure. Not much in the way of a Modded Clan server. Plus this will be reliant pretty much solely on your connection/upload speed. This blows any way you look at it ...unless you are a console gamer. This might as well be called Airbourne 2. Who knows ..maybe single player will be really good but I for one play PC games to play online otherwise I would just buy a console. Just my 2 cents..
Silverstone Strider 1kw modular
4870x2
Ocz Vendetta 2
Top deck Tech Station
Samsung dvd
Old October 19, 2009, 03:02 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Time to get my money back from my pre-order,and buy something that will make me happy.Beer

Last edited by MajorBuzzon; April 30, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old October 19, 2009, 03:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

YouTube - Hitler rants about the lack of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare 2
Old October 19, 2009, 03:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

While I stopped to cancel my pre-order today to transfer it to Forza 3 instead...

The guy told me I was the 10th or something person to cancel it today, his boss is pissed off because of that ROFL!!!!!!
Old October 19, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have a total of 8 copies that won't be bought(friends,my brothers and I). That is $480 lost. They are going to loose millions. It can't be that hard to have dedicated servers and have mod tools even if the mod tools are released at a later date. They need to stop playing WOW and finish this game properly.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 19, 2009, 05:56 PM
MVP

80,000 signatures at the time of my posting, mine being one of them.

I was really looking forward to this, seeing as COD 4 is one of my favourite multiplayer games. Cancelled my preorder as well and will be sticking to COD 4 by the looks of it. I honestly can't believe they would shut out the entire clan/pc gaming community like this.

Call it $50 per copy, 50.00*80,000 = $4 million dollars. Looks like about 250 signatures every 5 mins or so. Holefully people will follow through with not purchasing a copy.
Old October 19, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian7 View Post
80,000 signatures at the time of my posting, mine being one of them.

I was really looking forward to this, seeing as COD 4 is one of my favourite multiplayer games. Cancelled my preorder as well and will be sticking to COD 4 by the looks of it. I honestly can't believe they would shut out the entire clan/pc gaming community like this.

Call it $50 per copy, 50.00*80,000 = $4 million dollars. Looks like about 250 signatures every 5 mins or so. Holefully people will follow through with not purchasing a copy.
It is $60 per game. MW2 is priced higher than your average game for PC. Most new PC games are at $40-55 but MW2 for PC wants to match console pricing even though it is cheaper to make for PC.

So at 60x80,000=$4.8 million. That is a good chunk of change.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 19, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
It is $60 per game. MW2 is priced higher than your average game for PC. Most new PC games are at $40-55 but MW2 for PC wants to match console pricing even though it is cheaper to make for PC.

So at 60x80,000=$4.8 million. That is a good chunk of change.
Especially cheaper to make when it's nothing more than a glorified console port.
Old October 19, 2009, 08:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

IW has always intended for CoD to be a console game. They were the ones that pushed Activision for CoD on the consoles and pushed for a Modern Warfare themed CoD. There was an article on it on Gamespot. Can't link it right now cause it's blocked at work.