Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   CoDMW2 no dedicated servers (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/24475-codmw2-no-dedicated-servers.html)

encorp October 19, 2009 09:37 AM

You cannot cross platform an FPS. You just can't do it.

They still plan to have clan servers and mod servers; eventually; at some point; but they will only be accessible through IWNet.

cdn_Madrach October 19, 2009 12:07 PM

From what Rob Bowling said the only way to customize is to make a Private server and change what they allow you to change/configure. Not much in the way of a Modded Clan server. Plus this will be reliant pretty much solely on your connection/upload speed. :censored: This blows any way you look at it ...unless you are a console gamer. This might as well be called Airbourne 2. Who knows ..maybe single player will be really good but I for one play PC games to play online otherwise I would just buy a console.:doh: Just my 2 cents..

MajorBuzzon October 19, 2009 02:02 PM

Time to get my money back from my pre-order,and buy something that will make me happy.Beer

Jake_HT October 19, 2009 02:45 PM

YouTube - Hitler rants about the lack of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare 2

Skyllz October 19, 2009 02:53 PM

While I stopped to cancel my pre-order today to transfer it to Forza 3 instead...

The guy told me I was the 10th or something person to cancel it today, his boss is pissed off because of that ROFL!!!!!!

belgolas October 19, 2009 03:14 PM

I have a total of 8 copies that won't be bought(friends,my brothers and I). That is $480 lost. They are going to loose millions. It can't be that hard to have dedicated servers and have mod tools even if the mod tools are released at a later date. They need to stop playing WOW and finish this game properly.

Iamcanadian7 October 19, 2009 04:56 PM

80,000 signatures at the time of my posting, mine being one of them.

I was really looking forward to this, seeing as COD 4 is one of my favourite multiplayer games. Cancelled my preorder as well and will be sticking to COD 4 by the looks of it. I honestly can't believe they would shut out the entire clan/pc gaming community like this.

Call it $50 per copy, 50.00*80,000 = $4 million dollars. Looks like about 250 signatures every 5 mins or so. Holefully people will follow through with not purchasing a copy.

belgolas October 19, 2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian7 (Post 273936)
80,000 signatures at the time of my posting, mine being one of them.

I was really looking forward to this, seeing as COD 4 is one of my favourite multiplayer games. Cancelled my preorder as well and will be sticking to COD 4 by the looks of it. I honestly can't believe they would shut out the entire clan/pc gaming community like this.

Call it $50 per copy, 50.00*80,000 = $4 million dollars. Looks like about 250 signatures every 5 mins or so. Holefully people will follow through with not purchasing a copy.

It is $60 per game. MW2 is priced higher than your average game for PC. Most new PC games are at $40-55 but MW2 for PC wants to match console pricing even though it is cheaper to make for PC.

So at 60x80,000=$4.8 million. That is a good chunk of change.

Sushi Warrior October 19, 2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgolas (Post 273940)
It is $60 per game. MW2 is priced higher than your average game for PC. Most new PC games are at $40-55 but MW2 for PC wants to match console pricing even though it is cheaper to make for PC.

So at 60x80,000=$4.8 million. That is a good chunk of change.

Especially cheaper to make when it's nothing more than a glorified console port.

headsh0t October 19, 2009 07:54 PM

IW has always intended for CoD to be a console game. They were the ones that pushed Activision for CoD on the consoles and pushed for a Modern Warfare themed CoD. There was an article on it on Gamespot. Can't link it right now cause it's blocked at work.